Viewing 40 posts - 3,081 through 3,120 (of 4,533 total)
  • Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

BOD substitution……

He wasn’t bleeding, he was injured. So, no ‘reversal’ should have happened.
    Reversal, is for blood subs only, isn’t it?
    Oh, and Walsh? Pathetic.

sharkbait
    Free Member

He had blood around his ear after the match

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Didn’t spot any myself, but there you go…

Tactical, perhaps? 😉

loum
    Free Member

New rule:
    No blood replacements without dr. flash’s personal internet approval.
    Save a few quid and do away with pitchside doctors: dr. flash knows better from the tellyside sofa.

anagallis_arvensis

Davies and Roberts made one pass, 7 carries and 9 metres between them 😯

They also made 8 tackles between them. Adam Jones made 10 on his own!!

anagallis_arvensis

Lamont and Scott made 3 carries between them 😕

what a shite game it was.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/mar/09/ireland-france-six-nations

Knee injury….insisted on coming back on….

anagallis_arvensis

FAO Duckman, Joubert and the breakdown lottery!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I normally think that Chippy Nicol overstates Lamont’s case, but on the very few times he was involved today he looked good. Shame that this was so rare. The whole BOD thing looks very weird. Of course the bandage was a lot bigger when he came back on and notably removed to “show” the injury after the final whistle. would be desperate if there was any skulduggery there. He was too brilliant a player to have any shinnagens at the end of an superb international career.

As a member of the front row union, I hope that rugby will sort our the scrummage once and for all.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Those stats about Roberts and Davies don’t make for great reading do they! I’m with you though a_a I thought that Adam Jones was MOM today. Any news on the Irish player that was injured? (Not BOD 🙂 )

duckman

You have done that one before A-A. BTW;moaning about Nichol? Think how much more annoying he would be if you didn’t have Davies to give perspective of how far Nichol still has to climb up the mountain of irritation…Actually; ARE[/u] you JD in disguise?

Albanach
    Free Member

Those stats about Roberts and Davies don’t make for great reading do they! I’m with you though a_a I thought that Adam Jones was MOM today. Any news on the Irish player that was injured? (Not BOD )

3 months out for Reddan with a broken leg according to RTE.

glupton1976
    Free Member

He wasn’t bleeding, he was injured. So, no ‘reversal’ should have happened.

(a) When a player leaves the field to have bleeding controlled and/or have an open wound covered, that player may be temporarily replaced. If the player who has been temporarily replaced does not return to the field of play within 15 minutes (actual time) of leaving the playing area, the replacement becomes permanent and the replaced player must not return to the field of play.

That rule has exceptions for front row players.

He did come back on with a big daft bandage on his head though. From where I was watching it looked like he was probably concussed so shouldnt have been allowed to play on.

Reddan looked like he broke his tibia, so probably out for much longer than 3 months.

anagallis_arvensis

You have done that one before A-A

yep that was my point last week a number of posters accused me of being chippy when questioning Jouberts interpretation at the breakdown, this week he’s the worlds worst ref when scotland lose…I’m excusing you from this as you kind of agreed with me last week!!

Hope all the injured players this week recover OK.
    Wales will strugglewithout Ryan Jones. we either go with a lightweight backrow of Warburton, Tips and Faletau or put Coombes in at six (where he has played mostof his rugby). At least AW Jones came back with a big game, I was suprised as he was playing at half pace against Munster last weekend. AW Jones should captain IMO if Ryan doesnt make it.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I like Ryan Jones….I’d imagine that he’ll go on the Lions tour? For me he’d be a potential captain.

anagallis_arvensis

Not sure Jones is the type of 6 needed in Aus, however he would be a great bench option and/or mid week captain.

anagallis_arvensis

Pocock has ruptured his ACL and will miss Lions series apparently. Damn shame I think he’s the best 7 in the world and was looking forward to seeing him play. Not been a good weekend for injuries. 😥

Pigface
    Free Member

Quite happy about Pocock, to me he seems to be a petulant lad and petulance should only be shown by backs 😆

Anyway I want the Lions to give the Aussies a real drubbing.

duckman

A-A I could tell you a good story about Joubert, for what it is worth I am in a way,delighted he has had a couple of iffy games. The above is the first time I have said anything about a ref in the hundreds of pages of threads on rugby. But he was woeful,last week and this.

anagallis_arvensis

Stuck at home with the outlaws trying to pretend i like them and cannot watch the game!!

Pigface
    Free Member

I am guessing your MIL feels the same way about you 😆

anagallis_arvensis

Its the sister in law thats the problem, apart from that you might be right!!

Pigface
    Free Member

Italy doing ok so far

stevewhyte
    Free Member

So Clancy is now England’s 16th man

Pigface
    Free Member

Wow Dawson criticizing Ashton on the 5Live 😆

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Some great mic work – the sound of the hits hurt on the sofa!!!!

toys19
    Free Member

england need Clancy on side.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Crickey, England will need to finish better than this in Cardiff.

Bear
    Free Member

Can all the other ground staff go to Twickenham and learn about pitches.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Oops, I thought the pundits were being a bit too over-confident pre-match. Interesting match now!

grahamt1980

England are playing like they have gone to sleep at the moment.
    Not fancying their chances against wales if they play like this next weekend

stevewhyte
    Free Member

What was that numpty guscot saying, England to win by 5 tries

stevewhyte
    Free Member

How come in first half England stood up in a scrum when Italy was going forward, and ref reset scrum. Now other way round and England get penalty. Clancy is better than Joubert but only just.

anagallis_arvensis

most refs seem to decide in their own minds who should win beforehand.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

On the balance Italy should have won.

wrecker
    Free Member

Bollocks. Italian prop stood up loads and got pinged once. The loose head only got a bind on a handful of occasions.
    England were very very poor today but job was done and that’s 4 wins from 4. Pretty happy with that overall.

DanW
    Free Member

The Italians must also be annoyed with being given very little penalty advantage which usually resulting in England regaining possession bizarely whereas England were allowed to play for much long, get over the gain line many times yet still come back for their original penalty. Not that is really made much difference as Italy still need a goal kicker.

I don’t think anyone should be too shocked by England today. They have not played well and have offered very little in attack throughout the 6N but have got through games by being the least bad, bad team in the game and have had a lot of help with Farrel’s goal kicking…

olddog

Lucky England. Italy one offload away from a try under the sticks and a draw. Then again England butchered two nailed on try opportunities.

They’ll be rubbing their hands together in the Valleys over next week’s game

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Odd match that…..

…but sets up a classic next week. Advantage the reds after this weekend. But will that be a wake up call for England. Started 1h well but couldn’t capitalise. Weird.

grahamt1980

Not sure if the welsh will be that happy considering just how well they played yesterday!

Viewing 40 posts - 3,081 through 3,120 (of 4,533 total)

The topic ‘Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.’ is closed to new replies.