Viewing 40 posts - 2,921 through 2,960 (of 4,533 total)
  • Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.
  • surfer
    Free Member

When is a ban not a ban?

anagallis_arvensis

meanwhile Shit DeLuca gets 13 weeks

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJzObLGVwuk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

and Healey gets ban reduced by a week so will be able to face France!!

anagallis_arvensis

Wellies announced his retirement today. Great player much underated.

England are bruised after France clash but there is no talk of Grand Slam, says Chris Robshaw. We have not banned any Grand Slam talk in the England camp because I can honestly say nobody in the squad is talking about it anyway.
    “Daily Telegraph 25.2.2013”

Joe Launchbury admitted today it would be “awesome” to help England win a first Grand Slam for 10 years.
    “Evening Standard 25.2.2013”

surfer
    Free Member

They are both possibly right though AA.

No talk in the camp but journalist asks jumped up English player about said GS. Young upstart answers naively etc.
    Reinforces jumped up arrogant English player status.

Kryton57

Lol @ surfer. Excited young rugby player playing for his country admits how good it’d be to win a major tournament in style shocker.

Hardly arrogant, hell, I’d be excited, and my mentality – polished by a psychologist or not – would be expecting to win against Italy and shade it against wales.

That’s not arrogance its realism – or do you expect professional players to wander around believing they can’t win?

Bear
    Free Member

I also would not believe quotes in the press either, they will twist them to write a story / headline.

And if that is arrogance then nearly every professional sportsman is guilty of it.

Looking for it continually in other teams players is a sure sign of a chip on the shoulder.

or is that too much of a generalisation and reading too much into your comment?

anagallis_arvensis

I just think the constant trying to deny the obvious is quite funny.

Kryton57

*cue Welsh patriot society head member*

Entertaining isn’t it, that us English can’t be patriotic or enthusiastic about our sports without being dubbed “arrogant”. Lets look at some other stereotypes:

Aussies – now they are arrogant
    Scots – permanant chip vs england
    French – bitter over Waterloo
    Kiwi’s – smug about being better than everyone else
    Welsh – unrealistic most of the time.

etc etc yawn yawn get over yourselves ffs and enjoy the rugby….

Bear
    Free Member

AA – I would never believe everything I read in the papers to be the exact words spoken by the person.

If you do you are incredibly naive.

anagallis_arvensis

True but sometimes the English go a bit too far in trying not to look arrogant and so lose some of the joy. Nothing wrong with what Launcbury said. Pretty sure North said much the same last year. Its the captains denials that look at bit daft. Obviously a grand slam is the aim. It was at the start of the season and is much more likely now.

anagallis_arvensis

Nice edit kryton. By the way where did i use the a word?

Kryton57

Where did I accuse you of doing so?

anagallis_arvensis

Er its implied in your post. If it wasnt directed at me who was it directed at? Anyway I make it a policy these dsys nit to argue with idiots so goodnight

Kryton57

It’s a genericism Aa, based in what surfer said. No need to take it personally.

Scamper
    Free Member

If my country had only won one grand slam in 18 years as a player I’d be talking about it. There again perhaps not with a history of messing things up.

tinybits
    Free Member

Brilliant, the English are arrogant if they say they want and can win a grand slam, and they try to hard not to appear so and somehow are at fault again….

Tom-B
    Free Member

Wales have beaten a terrible France team and Italy….hardly earth shattering.

wrecker
    Free Member

If my country had only won one grand slam in 18 years as a player I’d be talking about it. There again perhaps not with a history of messing things up.

It was a similar situation at the RWC. Except of course, Wales had and never have won one. Of course they were robbed by the ref…….
    Personally, I wouldn’t swap 1 world champion title (or even RWC finalist) for a million grand slams, but that’s just me.

anagallis_arvensis

Wow its amazing how sensitive the england fans are and they accuse the welsh of being chippy!!

Kryton57

England are the best team in the current 6N, fact.

anagallis_arvensis

Yeah they should leave the six nations or make it a two tier competition with england and france at the top…… Or something.

Tom-B
    Free Member

🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Taking Stoner Jr to his first Aviva Permiership match tonight. WAAARRRRRIOORRRRSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Haven’t Wasps just signed Goode for next season? Could be interesting-enjoy!

Stoner
    Free Member

some people might not miss him 😉

anagallis_arvensis

Any refs able to explain this one to me?

Stoner
    Free Member

? should be penalty to blue, no?

IINAR

boxfish
    Free Member

Looks to me like the tackler released Ashton, found his balance by placing his hands on the ground, then legally challenged for the ball. Ashton holds on. Penalty to blue? Question is, had the ref called ruck?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Even wearing white (!) i thought Ashton should have been pinged for that at the time. But (unlike in wendyball and) as Brian Moore likes to remind us, “It doesn’t matter what I think. It’s only what the ref decides that matters.” 😉

anagallis_arvensis

The decision was pen to england and it was what finally killed the game. The refs favouring the ball carrier is part of the reason Warburton has lost form or rather the refs have moved the game away from his strengths.

Tom-B
    Free Member

The other reason is that he’s never been that good 😆

bigblackshed

Blue 23 doesn’t release Ashton. He is still in contact with him during and after getting to his feet. Ashton doesn’t release or place the ball immediately. Take your pick.

It was an awful clear out too.

anagallis_arvensis

Tackler clearly does release both hands off and is on feet.

surfer
    Free Member

Blue 23 doesn’t release Ashton. He is still in contact with him during and after getting to his feet. Ashton doesn’t release or place the ball immediately. Take your pick.

+1

Tom-B
    Free Member

Nah he’s still got his hands and arms over him for me.

wrecker
    Free Member

Doesn’t matter. The best team won, any claim to the contrary is simply incorrect.

anagallis_arvensis

Its called a discussion point wrecker if you’ve nothing to add why bother?

anagallis_arvensis

Pretty sure the ref said hands in ruck not tackler not releasing which is more borderline as i’m not sure he ever had his weight on his feet.

wrecker
    Free Member

A discussion point raised to bring an England victory into question, raised by someone with an open bias against England….

anagallis_arvensis

Being a little precious arent you love?

Viewing 40 posts - 2,921 through 2,960 (of 4,533 total)

The topic ‘Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.’ is closed to new replies.