Viewing 40 posts - 2,161 through 2,200 (of 4,533 total)
  • Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.
  • Tom-B
    Free Member

Yep oh so one eyed Idle John, what could possibly make me think that Italy will lose against what looked like the two strongest sides!

Italy for the Grand Slam then John?

loum
    Free Member

Looks like he’s had his log-in hacked by jy 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

Italy for the Grand Slam then John?

I’d laugh my cock off if they did!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Me too….after swearing a fair bit!

F*** Me Faro is still amusing me two days later!!!

lister

Can’t forget who won the grand slam last year, I live in Wales…however, they haven’t won a match since beating the BaBas in June…something major is wrong.
    I suspect Gatland going to the Lions is the root of the problem but it’s being denied by all and sundry.

It’s all fun to watch being an Englishman living in Pembroke!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Wales didn’t look like they’d got any shape to me. Standing in a straight line was about as close as they came to any real structure! I’m guessing that is mainly a coaching issue.

Pigface
    Free Member

something major is wrong.

no shit Sherlock 😆

Kryton57

Agree with 36 plus Manu for England. Barrits one dimensional and think twelve trees has exposed that more than ever this weekend.

This is shaping up to be an exciting 6N which above all is a great sign for Northern Hemi rugby. A glut of talent yet not all in one team. Now, if what’s his face gets the Lions selection right….

zokes
    Free Member

Pigface – Member
    lister forgets who won Grand Slam last year shock

Living on past glories once again, I see 😉

stevewhyte
    Free Member

1966. Cough cough

Pigface
    Free Member

Ah herr zokes no doubt you are still beating yourself off over pictures of St Jonny in 2003 😆 how is Adelaide today?

grahamt1980

66 was the wendyball, and 2003 was a long time and a lot of very good players ago. Just got to hope we can get back to that level.
    However the Welsh seem to bang on about this English arrogance when you lot are the most arrogant and borderline racist of the lot.
    However I wish Welsh rugby well and hope you can sort out the regions as if they don’t Welsh rugby is going to be in even more trouble in years to come

zokes
    Free Member

Ah herr zokes no doubt you are still beating yourself off over pictures of St Jonny in 2003

Nah, no fun really as noone here in SA likes Union. Cricket on the other hand….

Though speaking of fly halfs cum centres, I find hearing my surname yelled out every time England play rather disconcerting

how is Adelaide today?

Lovely

zokes
    Free Member

However the Welsh seem to bang on about this English arrogance when you lot are the most arrogant and borderline racist of the lot.

grahamt1980

Ok apologies. Will substitute that with one eyed and possessing an amazing ability to substitute reality with one apparently disconnected in every way from everyone else’s when it comes to Welsh rugby. See Jonathan Davies for reference.

I meant what I said about hoping the regions get sorted out though.

Kryton57

Jonathan Davies irratated me more than usual today. He seems to have substituted overuse of the word “Num-bers ” for the word “chance” this year.

IdleJon

wrecker – Member

Lol.
    I think idlejons been on the sauce.

Lol. Not since New Year’s Eve. Just a bit peeved that I walked down to the stadium to watch Ospreys v Quins only to remember when I got there that it was in Bridgend! 🙄

Italy must surely be thinking of pushing on from one win per tournament. They’ve scared or beaten all of the nations now. They have a formidable set of forwards, an 8 that the rest of the world wish wasn’t Italian, and a set of backs which is, whisper it quietly, better than Scotland. And England on yesterday’s lacklustre performance. They were just missing a decent set of halfbacks, and judging by today they might just have found them.

I joked when I said that France didn’t turn up – what I should have said was that the Italian forwards matched them.

Yep, Wales will worry especially with their history. Scotland have the advantage of being in Scotland. Ireland in Italy? I think that based on today, Italy have a good chance. And the advantage England have is that they’ll be in Twickenham. But at some point they’ll start winning these games.

So, Italy for the championship? No. But don’t be too smug (note: not arrogant!) because the Azurri are coming for you! 😉

duckman

Lol. Not since New Year’s Eve. Just a bit peeved that I walked down to the stadium to watch Ospreys v Quins only to remember when I got there that it was in Bridgend!

In that case,put down the crack pipe and pick up the pint… 😀

anagallis_arvensis

Zokes will you ever come on this thread to do anything but stir shit? You never mention the rugby.

zokes
    Free Member

You never mention the rugby.

That possibly makes two of us – it’s usually pretty apparent that you’ve watched totally different games to the rest of us

anagallis_arvensis

Nice to see you can keep the shit stirring up and your keeping on message. Not sure you’ve watched any games you never mention them. You seem to lack the basic understanding of what this thread is about. Wrecker for example disagrees with almost everything I post but at least he has an opinion about rugby and is a good laugh. You on the otherhand just post spite and insults. Keep it up though love, everyones got to have a hobby.

zokes
    Free Member

Ahem, I assume your last post was ironic.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Behave please children 😆

We must be looking for different things IdleJohn…I thought that the Italian backs were pretty poor….their OH was pretty good though I thought! Very got up front, but they could do with a Mccaw type to turn over more ball (don’t we all though!)

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Despite results not going they i wanted that was a top weekend of 6N rugby, lets hope the rest of the tournament is just as good.

Italy looked good but need to back up their result, luckily for them, they are at Murrayfield next and i hate to say it, but have an opportunity to do so. Although Scotland will not play as lacklustre as France who appeared disinterested for chunks at a time.

Does Orquera have another performance like yesterdays in him, not sure his mixed form over the past 7 years is why he has never been a regular first choice.

Bloomin French i was happy with my France to win 6N with Zebo for top try scorer double at 60/1, could have got a new frame with the winnings.

wrecker
    Free Member

So, Italy for the championship? No. But don’t be too smug (note: not arrogant!) because the Azurri are coming for you!

I hope so. It’s in the interest of rugby as a whole in my opinion. Sets an example for the 2nd tier nations, and improves the popularity of the sport in mainland Europe. The more global it is, the more exciting it will be and of course more money which will attract more athletes.

zokes
    Free Member

Having just watched the Italy game, it certainly looks very promising for the future of the game. It now would only take a couple of off-moments for pretty much any team to lose to them assuming they pay as well as they did on Sunday.

anagallis_arvensis

Lets not forget Italy have beaten France before and came close to doing over england last year.

zokes
    Free Member

Yep. Without charge-down Charlie I suspect England would have completed Italy’s list of scalps for the 6N in recent years. It will only be a matter of time…

IdleJon

Tom B – Member

We must be looking for different things IdleJohn…

That’s the great thing about rugby isn’t it? And the most frustrating thing…

Pigface
    Free Member

the Welsh are border line racist??? Care to proffer an example?

The thing about Jiffy I don’t get, he was one of the best to have ever played the game. Of all the players on the field on Saturday only BOD comes close to how good Jonathon Davies was. From my point of view Brian Moore or Dawson is just as biased to england.

As IdleJon says we all see if different, its a game to enjoy 😀

grahamt1980

Not particularly no, just based on experience of living in North wales for 3 years.

I’m not knocking Davies as a player, he is unquestionably one of the best players ever, just that his commentary when wales are playing is one eyed in the extreme.
    I know people hate Brian Moore but he spends just as much time having a go at england as he does other teams when they are not playing well.
    And lets be honest after getting panned for giving the ref grief he did go and do a ref qualification so he actually knew what he was on about.
    Guscott is a pain in the earhole though

wrecker
    Free Member

I admire jiffy as a player and also as a bloke, I’d bet he’s great company especially with a few beers. He is the very worst rugby commentator though IMHO.
    NUMBERS!!!!!!NUMBERS!!!!!!

stevomcd
    Free Member

No problem with Jiffy. Moore is insufferable though. Miserable, whining, chippy and, worst of all, usually wrong.

anagallis_arvensis

The good thing about Jiffy I think is that he sounds like he clearly loves the game but he can be pretty annoying. Moore sounds like he hates the game but is more balanced and less annoying. Then we have the completely one eyed and deluded Andy Nicol.

grahamt1980

Very true, but Andy Nicol has got to justify his existance as a commentator somehow

anagallis_arvensis

Any excuse[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rt4AIRMzJ2o[/video]

zokes
    Free Member

Listening to Jiffy commentate on non-wales games is quite amusing as he seem MUCH quieter. It’s almost as if he’s having to concentrate on what’s going on, rather than the Welsh always being right. 😆

Tom-B
    Free Member

Is it just me or does Jiffy looked pished more often than not when commentating?

…and yes IdleJohn that is the beauty of rugby….though those that require tackling prowess from 9, 10 11, 14 and 15 are clearly in the wrong 🙂

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Scotland team for Saturday Harley in at flanker and Ford at hooker. Glad to see a bit of continuity in selection.

I like Harley he is a good player. Very good at getting in the oppos faces and being in the “wrong” place at the right time as any good flanker should be. Would have liked him at 7 and Brown back to 6 maybe they will swap around.

Scotland team to play Italy:
    Stuart Hogg (Glasgow Warriors); Sean Maitland (Glasgow Warriors), Sean Lamont (Glasgow Warriors), Matt Scott (Edinburgh), Tim Visser (Edinburgh); Ruaridh Jackson (Glasgow Warriors), Greig Laidlaw (Edinburgh); Ryan Grant (Glasgow Warriors), Ross Ford (Edinburgh), Euan Murray (Worcester Warriors), Richie Gray (Sale Sharks), Jim Hamilton (Gloucester), Rob Harley (Glasgow Warriors), Kelly Brown (Saracens), Johnnie Beattie (Montpellier).

Replacements: Dougie Hall (Glasgow Warriors)/Pat MacArthur (Glasgow Warriors), Moray Low (Glasgow Warriors), Geoff Cross (Edinburgh Rugby), Alastair Kellock (Glasgow Warriors), David Denton (Edinburgh Rugby), Henry Pyrgos (Glasgow Warriors), Duncan Weir (Glasgow Warriors), Max Evans (Castres).

Scamper
    Free Member

Does Jiffy drink? He’s turned down a beer from me on a fight to Paris before – perhaps it was a bit early 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 2,161 through 2,200 (of 4,533 total)

The topic ‘Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.’ is closed to new replies.