Viewing 40 posts - 2,081 through 2,120 (of 4,533 total)
  • Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.
  • wrecker
    Free Member

Flippin heck, if our choices for lions 8 is faletau or Morgan; we’re in trouble.

loum
    Free Member

ijs445ra ,
    That halfpenny shoulder barge/cannonball that knocked SOB over was massively brave but was never a tackle. So SOB should never have been penalised for holding on in the tackle.
    The ref got that one wrong, not SOB.

sputnik
    Free Member

Loum you make sense. I have to admit that it is wrong to say drop Brown from the team after just one game.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Let’s keep it nice on here. Let the wendies get their knickers in a twist over on the Beckham thread. We should be above that on this thread.

anagallis_arvensis

Faletau is quality although Wrecker doesnt rate him. Beattie was good yesterday and Heaslip is Ok too.

anagallis_arvensis

The ref got that one wrong, not SOB.

the ref got a lot wrong at the breakdown hence all the shoeing going on, it was just a shame it took Wales till halftime to get the memo.

wrecker
    Free Member

Faletau is a plodder. Consistent, does everything quite well without doing anything brilliantly. Morgan is the opposite, flaky even but he can change a game when in the mood.
    Oh, and loum is spot on about the 1/2p non tackle.

anagallis_arvensis

I thought biggar looked better once Phillips went off and was getting quicker ball, but the Welsh forwards were doing better at that point as well.

Biggar did OK the obvious aside. Not sure that Phillips going off was the difference to the pace of the ball it seemed more due to Tipuric. Its not Phillips fault he was the only flanker Wales decided to play with from the start.

anagallis_arvensis

plodding

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdeD-LLePOE[/video]

anagallis_arvensis

Or plodder
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLLl9FduIks[/video]

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I missed bits of both matches which was a shame but enjoyed essentially watching the second halves of both. Why do Wales do this? Must be v frustrang A_A!! On their day, I think Ireland in full flow are the most exciting back line among the 6N, but guess that they saved all of that for the bit I missed?

I hope today is fun for a neutral but looks like this years championship could be great to watch. I don’t worship Murdoch so miss most of league coverage on TV, so only hear about Farrell through the press. But for an English perspective, great to have such a reliable kicker keeping the board ticking over.

Love the twelvetrees nickname courtesy or Darcy….36!!!

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ve seen him play many times, a_a. He just isn’t that good.

anagallis_arvensis

We’ll have to agree to differ on that then (but you are very wrong)

wrecker
    Free Member

Fair enough (but you know I’m right 😀 )

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Heaslip, O’Driscoll’s successor as captain, remarked that it was “one of the first games for a long time where I have walked off with literally nothing left in the tank”.

Oh Jamie, you should be feeling like that after every game. Lucky old turnip head made you captain, back row of Ferris, SOB and Henry please

Pigface
    Free Member

Ok Welshies now I have calmed down and time has put a bit of perspective on yesterday tell me what happened in the first half, how does a team perform so shockingly. Judging on the results in the Autumn and yesterday then I lay the blame with Howley, I don’t think the players respect him. I wonder who gave them the rocket at half time?

I would have 12trees in front of the Samoan if I was in charge of the saes.

onehundredthidiot

Watching some “highlights” by flicking through SKY+, two of England’s tries had forward passes (even Moore commented on them) in the moves, but the ref plays what he sees. Piss poor defending to let Hogg run through the gap for the Maitland try. Why have we put Lamont at 13 when it is pretty much known that in defence he is a rusher and in attack he has hands of glue (can’t pass/won’t pass).
    And Davies was made to look bad by his outside runners in his passes behind the man, in both cases the runner was at best flat when the pass was made.
    Denton for comedy pass of the day.
    BoD really stepped up. Phillips showed petulance that, with another ref, might have got him into hot water.

anagallis_arvensis

Phillips always shows petulance, nothing unusual there.

As for Howleys half time team talk I reckon it was, “can i come in boys?”… No **** off.

12 trees and Manu for England. Barritt is useless.

anagallis_arvensis

Fofana on thw wing Huget at fullback and Michilac on the pitch. Nice to see the French are still mental!! What a **** epic backrow though.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Just seen the highlights again on BBC. Wow, I missed how brilliant BODs pass was for the first try Zebo try and surprised how easily Healy brushed Philipps’ tackle for his try.

Bear
    Free Member

Now talking of 8’s one of the best on show today……

anagallis_arvensis

Correction two of the best.

anagallis_arvensis

Shit what a try.

Stoner
    Free Member

wooohooooooooo!!!1

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

What a start!!!

Pigface
    Free Member

I have a man crush on Szarzewski 😳

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

He’s the only pro rugby player sponsored by L’Oreal. Too pretty for the hookers union!!

anagallis_arvensis

Italy will beat wales this season.

Bear
    Free Member

Good player that pic is still prefer para as more rounded.

grahamt1980

Good game so far.
    Its pretty rare that I can actually tolerate listening to Jonathan “One eye” Davies.
    I guess its because neither Wales or England are playing.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I reckon Heaslip is a shoe in at 8 for the Lions…..isn’t he favourite to be captain now too?

Italy France has been pretty good so far. I think France are going to have too much in the backs for Italy to cope with.

Pigface
    Free Member

How good is Parrise? An amazing player.

anagallis_arvensis

How many timrs will st johnny be mentioned at half time?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

C’mon Itlay, let’s have a big start to the 2H

anagallis_arvensis

Inverdale your slipping!!!

anagallis_arvensis

St Johnny!!!

grahamt1980

Well its more likely than them mentioning Chav Henson

anagallis_arvensis

On the bench for LW today after yet another injury!!!!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Parisse is teh awsumz.

Edit. How good have the scrums been today….hardly any nonsense.

anagallis_arvensis

Hope the L’Oreal kid is at hooker next week!

Viewing 40 posts - 2,081 through 2,120 (of 4,533 total)

The topic ‘Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.’ is closed to new replies.