Viewing 40 posts - 1,481 through 1,520 (of 4,533 total)
  • Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.
  • Kryton57

And why do Wales thing that as hosts of the RWC Eng will want to play a “home” game in Wales and give over the advantage?

Becuase the Welsh RFU helped us win the bid, and this is their way of thinking we might pay them, back. Nah, but we’ll let them play Aus at home, how’s that?

wrecker
    Free Member

Becuase the Welsh RFU helped us win the bid, and this is their way of thinking we might pay them, back.

It isn’t going to happen. I can’t blame the welsh for trying it on (I would) but that game will not be at the millenium. Also the WRU didn’t support the bid, they allowed the RFU to name the millenium as a possible stadium as it’s near to the SW of England.

whytetrash

Don’t think the RFU make the calls on where games are played? Think it’s Rugby World Cup Ltd (or whatever the organisers are called)

Of the SH teams to face Aus would have been my choice, and the Welsh record against England hasn’t been too shabby of late so I think the draw could have been worse!

loum
    Free Member

Can see that game becoming the WC opener to put an easy stop to the debate, as that WILL be at Twickenham.

Scamper
    Free Member

Nah, England v Wales at Kingsholm, now that would be great.

Not going to happen though, more likely to be no hopers like Scotland v Galapagos Islands or something.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

more likely to be no hopers like Scotland v Galapagos Islands or something.

That’s a bit harsh on the Galapagos Islands! 😉

IdleJon

Worcester v Perpignan last night. Worcester won the game by 1 point awarded the dodgiest penalty I’ve seen for a long time. Once again a terrible ref decision changes the outcome of the game.

James Hook simultaneously showed his range of skills and also why he isn’t first choice OH for Wales. Makes lovely break between 2 players and then kicks ball straight to touch. Can’t control the game at all, in fact makes Andy Goode, his opposite, look like the complete OH. Kicks deep straight at opposite 15 or wing whenever possible and it takes Richard Haughton to come off the bench and show him how to kick deep properly. And simply kicking away good possession all the time! Just a few examples, but jeez, what a waste of talent. When he first arrived he looked as though, with a bit of development, he would be one of the best 10s Wales had seen. and nothing has changed. He is still exactly the same player making exactly the same bad decisions.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I went to Varsity match for the first time yesterday. Admittedly through beer/rioja glasses, it wasnt bad entertainment and a surprising turnaround by Oxford who looked out-of-it at half time.

The joy of watching that standard, is that everyone in the crowd can related to it better and therefore, lots of “we could have done better than” type stuff!!! 😉

monkey_boy
    Free Member

all the above is irrelevant, seen the latest big news 😉

super gav

surfer
    Free Member

I’ve just seen the Toulon side coming to Salford tomorrow!

Pick any 15 from 24!!!! A fantastic looking team although a few past their prime 😯

anagallis_arvensis

Talking of super Gav, most of Hooks best performances at ten he had Gav at 12 whispering in his ear. For someone so utterly **** stupid he does have a great rugby brain. Hook was also helped by having Marshal at 9 too. Having said that Hook couldnt be worse than Priestland on current fom.

ElVino

What a great weekend of rugby in store!

Northampton V Ulster 8pm Fri
    Ospreys V Tolouse 1.45 Sat
    Munster V Saracens – 6 pm Saturday
    Clermont V Leinster 4pm Sunday

Few other games but these are the pick

loum
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    …more nasty islanders beating up welshists!

Update from bbc:

1236: RUGBY UNION
    London Irish forward Chris Hala’Ufia wins his appeal after he was banned for five weeks by a Rugby Football Union disciplinary panel on Tuesday. Hala’Ufia received a red card from referee JP Doyle for a tip tackle during last weekend’s Premiership defeat against London Welsh. But he appealed both the sanction and guilty verdict of the disciplinary committee and it means he is free to play again immediately.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Really looking forward to the Ulster game tonight. Always a bit of niggle between the teams and we owe them one from the QF two years ago.

If we can take Saints on up front then I think we can sneek it. It will be very close though.

This made me chuckle on the UAFC…

DezB
    Free Member

😆 @ the DM Hartley!

Hala’Ufia received a red card from referee JP Doyle for a tip tackle during last weekend’s Premiership defeat against London Welsh. But he appealed both the sanction and guilty verdict of the disciplinary committee and it means he is free to play again immediately.
    Ha! I woz right 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

Crazy that a citing comittee can get it wrong I cannot understand how that can happen if the rules are in any way clear. Did the first lot not bother watching the video? Citings are an utter farce. Obviously no biscuits were consumed at the second one.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Ulster blowing the Saints away!!!

SUFTUM

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Frankers – Member

Can anyone point me in the right direction how to download/watch the England game

Here ya go…..

HERE

BlindMelon
    Free Member

C’mon Ulster get in!!!!! Awesome!!!! Roll on ravers next week

loum
    Free Member

Cracking game by Ulster.
    Northants look scared of them.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Rory was certainly the, ‘Best’ of the hookers. Hartley lost the head again. Well done the Ulster pack took the best front row in the Aviva apart

Tom-B
    Free Member

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’ve just seen that Quade Cooper has finally agreed a new contract with ARU. He has to be better at 10 than the guys that toured this autumn! Isn’t he quite fond of the odd cheap shot on McCaw?!

anagallis_arvensis

He has to be better at 10 than the guys that toured this autumn!

not really, he’s a bit allergic to tackling

Tom-B
    Free Member

12-0 Tolouse after 15 minutes!

anagallis_arvensis

12-7 at half time, Ospreys showing some spirit but look massively out gunned.

anagallis_arvensis

So diving over the top and sealing off is legal now is it, I cant keep up with the game these days. One day I think I’ll just switch off and not bother again!

anagallis_arvensis

bump

Tom-B
    Free Member

🙂

Yeah agree spreys look lightweight up front. Countless basic errors to let them back into the game. Cipriani is starting at 10 for Sale v Toulon today should be a trouncing great game!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Toulouse really stepped up second half in the bits that I saw. Toulon v Sale is going to be embarrassing isn’t it!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Toulon line up is like a World XV pick! 😯

IdleJon

Nice to see Rolland using the Esoteric and Rarely Used Lawbook today. It’s not used often enough!

Although it might be useful if both sides knew wtf he’s on about?

anagallis_arvensis

Toulon line up is like a World XV pick! 

yeah fatty armitage is a nailed on test lion according to my newspaper!! Not to mention St Johnny.

Tom-B
    Free Member

What paper? The Indie were raving about him a few weeks back. I don’t really catch many French teams play the full 80 so haven’t actually seen him or Wilko play for a year or so. Good times!

loum
    Free Member

Maybe Lobbe on a good day. Not the rest.
    Good team with good players – but not the best.

anagallis_arvensis

Guardian.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Munster v saffas has been pretty good thus far even though only 3 ppints scored.

loum
    Free Member

The saracens lineout has been about as effective as the Elvis diet.

😆

Tom-B
    Free Member

I liked that one loum. Rugby’s equivalent of Rob Warner!

anagallis_arvensis

Oops!

Viewing 40 posts - 1,481 through 1,520 (of 4,533 total)

The topic ‘Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.’ is closed to new replies.