Viewing 40 posts - 4,401 through 4,440 (of 4,533 total)
  • Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.
  • noskills
    Free Member

Wrecker the Chiefs v Gloucester game is on ESPN classic.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Haha I saw where Stockport are in the football league the other day-they’re essentially an amateur team now.

Agreed that Vernon is a loss. Hopefully Cips will **** off to do CBB or I’m a stricly get me dancing in the jungle celebrity.

duckman

Fanny Cipriani= Gavin Henson lite

Baits trap and waits for A-A…

wrecker
    Free Member

Wrecker the Chiefs v Gloucester game is on ESPN classic.

Well that is good news. Thank you very much.

anagallis_arvensis

Baits trap and waits for A-A…

true to an extent. Even with his colossal ability to waste his talent Henson has achieved much more and at a much higher level though I’d rather shack up with Cips mrs than gavs ex!!
    Gavs performance for welsh against sale this season was a master class that cips could only dream of though.

surfer
    Free Member

What has to be a worry for Sale supporters is that they don’t appreciate the decent players they have/had; Ritchie Vernon being an example of that.

Thats not true and its not the supporters who buy and sell players. Vernon has been an excellent player every time he has been given the chance, I agree about Grey but I still think Cipriani shows occasional glimpses of magic. It wont be enough for long though.

Pigface
    Free Member

Bonkers game of rugby in the wild weird west yesterday. Chiefs plying 7’s with 15 in the first 20 minutes, Glaws getting back with some great scores. If anyone can tell me what the final penalty that won it for Exeter was for I would be grateful. Lovely sunshine and a fab atmosphere. My ill mate Andy had a great time, thanks for all your kind words.

wrecker
    Free Member

Offside I think pigface. Great game.

Pigface
    Free Member

Fair enough it was hard to see from where we were sitting. Ref made some bewildering decisions but that is par for the course these days. Exeter have got a good setup down there.

duckman

surfer – Member

I was referring to the management,not the supporters. Most of us would rather have a consistent trier,rather than somebody who looked like they were doing the club a favour. Gray has a habit of that, TBH the only time he looks interested is when he is in the national side. Cipriani, what a waste of fantastic talent,must be mid 20’s now? I will be interested in seeing what Bath do with Heathcoate, have they not just signed the next great white hope from Tigers? Heathcoate was crap for us in the Autumns,but is starting to look the part for Bath.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Any recommendations for travel to Twickenham chaps? We’ll be heading down from Stoke-on-Trent on train….which station should we be heading for?

wrecker
    Free Member

Healthcote has looked very good for b***. They have signed ford and the orange one (who they see as a 12). Eastmond is currently filling that jersey for them and doing very well.

duckman

What team do you follow Wrecker, not Bath evidently 😆

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m a brizzle fan, although I don’t dislike the *alternative to a shower* really. I like to see all of the West Country teams do well. Very happy for Exeter getting the HC place though.

Pigface
    Free Member

Bristol are throwing some money at it next year.

wrecker
    Free Member

Yep. Signed a lot of good players including nicky Robinson who I’ve always though a good player. Ground sold moving to Ashton 🙁
    No more of this “bristol fashion” bollocks hopefully. We’ve had trouble holding on to players (mako V, Atwood, arscott, lemi, to’ala etc etc). It’s been an academy for long enough.

anagallis_arvensis

that’s going to be sore in the morning
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrDWUGVakB4&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

DezB
    Free Member

Wow. I like Fonua! (Not that I don’t like Wilkinson, mind)

Pigface
    Free Member

and that’s a cracking example of his weakness, not his job to tackle that monster.

boxfish
    Free Member

Bristol are throwing some money at it next year.

Yeah, Andy Robinson as director, Sean Holley as coach and a few decent player signings. I saw a few games at the Mem this season and Bristol lacked concentration all too often. I believe they have a squad capable of gaining promotion next season but they will need to get their mental approach right for 80+ minutes each week.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

and that’s a cracking example of his weakness, not his job to tackle that monster.

And yet, a cracking example of his strengths as a player. As when Larry Dayglo was too busy trying to be a superstar and not taking the tackles, JW never shirks them. He may get it wrong, but he never shirks his tackles.

Oddly, when Richard Hill was playing (less of a celeb-wannabe), JW had less tackling to do, as Hill took them on for him.

I have known both Hill and Dallaglio personally over the years. There’s only one I’d drink with. And he’s not an Italian.

Pigface
    Free Member

Ooh flashy you name dropper you 😉

Pigface
    Free Member

Stupid I pad 😳

Tom-B
    Free Member

Flasy is teh awesumz

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆

anagallis_arvensis

Shocking technique from st johnny though. Going high and smashing was never going to work. Apparently the big guy has been linked to scarlets. Have to get in touch with the Quinnels butcher to keep him fed!!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

JW might have got dumped but the forward’s momentum was stopped and he was easily snagged. Not many breaks were made through JW’s channel throughout his career and it’s been a long one

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, let’s find some examples of Jonny’s not so poor technique. I bet there are a few.

Twickenham Sunday. Looking forward to seeing this fella play (and normally I don’t wana watch SA 😉 )
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAqXZ1uMgNg[/video]
    Crap vid, but if you saw him in Glasgow you’ll know what I mean!

duckman

Since we are name dropping; I played against a few decent back rowers, up here; Jefferys,the Calder bros,Doddie Weir etc. Down in That London I played against a few good un’s (Neil Back when he had long hair) Richard Hill was the best player I have ever been on the same pitch as,and Gavin Hastings was captain of London Scottish when I first went down.Hill was the wing forwards wing forward. Coaching England youth now isn’t he?

DanW
    Free Member

Rabo Play Off Semis tonight…

Hard to see past an all Irish final. I would love to see the Scarlets do well but if there is ever a team to not get a result against it would be Ulster

ijs445ra
    Free Member

I am going for an Ulster v Glasgow final.

Just got a feeling Glasgow are going to edge Leinster tomorrow

gordimhor

Glasgow have more or less their best team available, they can do it 🙂

BlindMelon
    Free Member

All kicking off at Ravers. Nice boy Trimble getting 10 mins rest!

DanW
    Free Member

Trimble looks to have come off second best… Liam Williams doesn’t take a lot of winding up 🙂

Bowe is looking very much up to speed too

DanW
    Free Member

Damn, why did I just big up Bowe

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Indeed Dan 😀

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Lol at big Nick swatting the Scarlets prop off one handed

DanW
    Free Member

Hmmm…. I think I’ll be going for a ride at half time

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Good performance from Ulster, knew we were in the final after 50 mins and took the foot off the gas. Looking forward to a day out at the RDS!

Frankers
    Free Member

Any predictions for Premiership final…. already got tickets so hoping my teams there 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 4,401 through 4,440 (of 4,533 total)

The topic ‘Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.’ is closed to new replies.