Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Winter Boots, MT91 or MW80??
  • P20

I’m struggling to find MT91 in my probable size of 43. Normally a 42, but they felt tight. Tried some MW80 in 43 and I must admit i was impressed, they felt warm and comfortable. although the main consideration will be for winter, I think I’d use the MT91 more during summer, etc.

So which ones do you recommend?

snowpaul
    Free Member

I have both of these shoes ! The mt92 is the one I use most now… leather seems more durable and better grip – I do miss the neoprene ankle closure though – BUT if its really horrible I use gtx ankle gaiters….

I ride 5-10 hrs in a ride usually in the lakes / powys / mid wales and embrace a bit of hike a bike / river crossings so both boots have had hard lives… for me the mt 91/2 is the better boot.

hope that helps – oh I know someone who has a brand new boxed pair of mt 92s in 43 for sale

snowpaul at hotmail co uk

adilc123
    Free Member

I use the mw80 and are great, really warm, only wear thin summer socks with them all winter.

Adil.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Another very satisfied MW80 user here. I wouldn’t want to wear them in temperatures over 10 degrees though!

fastindian
    Free Member

Yep, MW80, toasty warm and as long as you’ve got waterproof trousers on completly dry, even if they fill with water your feet are still warm. go a size up from normal though

P20

Lots of love for Mw80. I didn’t expect them to be that good, but I was pleasantly surprised. As said I’m normally a 42, but 43 seems better in the winter boots. I also tried some Northwave Arctic, but found the instep wasn’t right for me, shame as they seemed very warm and had a decent sole with stud mounts

z1ppy

Another owner of both here, mt91’s a great all round boot, I use it all year round, but the lack of sealing on the collar means that tonight’s ride will probably be one of their last till late spring. The MW80’s will be rolled out from now on in. This is purely for the extra sealing, as their both warm boots & if you do much scrabbling about (walking) the MT’s might be the better option.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Winter Boots, MT91 or MW80??’ is closed to new replies.