Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 234 total)
  • "Winchester" area ride – Saturday 8th May. May/may not include bluebells!
  • cinnamon_girl

Steelsreal – route is a secret, only known to myself, singletrackmind and Mulletus. Any rumours of me losing folk on a ride are untrue except when at Swinley Forest 🙄

cinnamon_girl

PS Actually I think some people like being led around the countryside by a mad woman. 😉

rOcKeTdOg

Any woman would do to be frank

cinnamon_girl

Any woman would do to be frank

😆

shellac
    Free Member

Sorry to butt in… but

MAsh Tun a trendy tapas bar!!!!! Bloody hell. I grew up in Winch (17 years) and had the pleasure of living round the corner form Ron. The Mash when I was there was full of dope heads and a few random skag heads to boot….. Things change! Ace pub it was…. Spent most of early adulthood there! Then it went art studenty….

Good riding to be had, cant make it unfortunately…maybe the next one. Have a good un.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

When you say 'some people' ALL blokes like to follow a lady on a bike, nothing better 😉

cinnamon_girl

Bigface – you've set me a challenge, I will try and act like a lady on the ride 😯

Oi! The rest of you can stop guffawing 🙄

Brooker99
    Free Member

Cinnamon Girl – know what you mean about well heeled winchester types and local pubs.
    Will keep a look out for the meet details and join in if I can…

AndyRT
    Free Member

count me in! Let me know if I can be of any help as a sweeper, as I'm likely to be at the back 😳

rOcKeTdOg

no, i'm at the back

cinnamon_girl

Thanks AndyRT. 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Details will be posted either tomorrow or Monday.

Bluebells will be outstanding. 8)

leeson
    Free Member

kinda interested!

a " youngster"

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Looks like i've got the green light, so see you there. 🙂

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Rusty, Are you travelling down in the morning? If you're local I can give you a lift over if you want.

cinnamon_girl

leeson – I'm pleased you're flattered. 😀 You and Alex were certainly impressive with your never-ending wheelies on the Purbecks ride. 8)

rusty – glad you can make it!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Mulletus – i'll call you this week when i know what we're doing.

Bluebell update – the ones in my garden look nice.

cinnamon_girl

Full details will be posted in the morning, once I get my keyboard skills in proper working order. 😉

pedalhead
    Free Member

Any chance of a gps route if you have one c_g? Cheers 😀

cinnamon_girl

pedalhead – sorry but I reckon surprises are best. 😀

Actually it's a power thing, STW'ers having complete confidence in a mad woman leading them around the countryside

bikey
    Free Member

CG – whats the plan for next Saturday? I've not heard anything back from you since your last email to me. Are you still after some assistance on the ride. Will you be pre riding any bits between now and Saturday? Can you let me know either through here or via my email address.

Thanks.

Matt

cinnamon_girl

bikey – I thought you had left the country! Will send you an e-mail.

cinnamon_girl

bikey – e-mail just sent. 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Details:

Saturday 8th May, meet at 10.00 am for a 10.15 am pedal.

Meet point is Prospect Road, New Alresford, Hampshire SO24 9QF. It is on an industrial estate (signed Household Waste amenity) on the western side of the town.

New Alresford is just off the A31, east of Winchester. Also easily accessible from M3 motorway.

Once you have turned into Prospect Road, continue to top of hill and bear right. There are parking spaces but you may be directed into the compound. Link:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=458153&y=131725&z=110&sv=458153,131725&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=748&ax=458153&ay=131725&lm=0

You will need to bring a picnic, camera recommended for stunning scenery, also a windproof/waterproof top as some of the route is exposed. Route is an undulating 52km with around 800 metres of climbing, less for those who will go in the van.

As mentioned there will be a surprise ending so please bring a couple of pounds to donate to Help For Heroes charity. You will love it. 8)

Any questions, post up or e-mail in profile.

So … who's in?

AndyRT
    Free Member

me 😀

pedalhead
    Free Member

Me me!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Yep. 😀

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

OH YEAH..!! Packing my water shooter for the Wet T shirt Comp 😯

cinnamon_girl

OH YEAH..!! Packing my water shooter for the Wet T shirt Comp 😯

LOL 😆

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Yep.

pedalhead
    Free Member

I should add, I'm bringing along a couple of mincers with me 🙂

lexiekay
    Free Member

I wish I could go 😥
    Sounds like its going to be good!

Lummox

i'm in assuming house sale/completion goes through ok friday.

Looking forward to my first stw ride

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I'm in, may well be battered/hungover/half dead though as its the missus' nice's 18th birthday the night before to which the whole family is invited.

Given that the family seems to be dreading the occasion I think I may have to resort to getting hideously drunk in order to forget the shear awfullness of having to spend the evening in the company of middle class teenage girls who all think they are infact black and "gangstaa 4rm da ends" (sic).

I may not shower for 48hours before hand to ensure that no one attempts to start up a conversation in my vicinity.

cinnamon_girl

Water pistol, mincers, hangover. 😯 What a great ride this will be. 😆

leftyboy
    Free Member

I was hoping to join in but sadly the Doc says "No" so I hope you all have a good one and maybe next time… 😥

singletrackmind

No Lexiekay to push up the hills on this ride, shame . Or tubes to change really quickly.
    I really hope its dry at least, looking forward to it already.
    I think i am sweeper / mechanic for the 'scenery admirers' .
    Just bring some foodage , water and a sense of humour. Should be a grand day out.
    Anyone thinking of using the train PM ME and I should / might be able to collect from Winch station. If there are a few using PT then some waiting for trains from other departure points might be neccessary. There might also be the possibilty of a return to Winch station as well.
    See you all Sat.am

cinnamon_girl

leftyboy – that's bad luck. Get mended soon!

Any more?

RealMan
    Free Member

Me and my dad may come, and my dad might bring a friend or two if that's alright?

timwillows
    Free Member

Count me in with 1 or 2 hangers on

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 234 total)

The topic ‘"Winchester" area ride – Saturday 8th May. May/may not include bluebells!’ is closed to new replies.