• This topic has 121 replies, 92 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by bfw.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 122 total)
  • WIN Free FiveTen Shoes From Chain Reaction
  • Mark

Fancy a pair of free FiveTens? Forum partners Chain Reaction have a giveaway exclusively for our members (free and full). And if your existing shoes a …

By mark

Get the full story here:

WIN Free FiveTen Shoes From Chain Reaction

inky_squid

I would show you my shoes.  But sadly, I broke the cleats on the bottom of my 8 year old pair of shoes a few weeks ago.  So they went in the bin.  I guess I can post up a photo of the space on the shelf where they used to be…

Good luck everyone!

matt_outandabout

Dammit, I just threw out my ‘I can see your socks in those’ MO89’s…

DickBarton

I’m the same…the uppers appeared to be in good order, but the lacing system and ratchet system only had 2 points where they worked – undone or right-tight, the soles were almost smooth and one cleat didn’t actually disengage as it rotated on the sole – so the shoe stayed connected to the bike!

Got them replaced but the previous pair was binned…

wheelsonfire1

IMG_1218Not very, very old but artistically photographed?

reluctantjumper

Timely as mine are knackered, holes in both soles from the pins and dropping my ankles (but does help with letting the water out…), the outer layer is flaking off all round and the insoles have no support left in them!

PXL_20231004_140937615PXL_20231004_141023792

PXL_20231004_140946350

reluctantjumper

Only allowed 3 pictures?!? Oh well, the three worst will have to do.

Harry_the_Spider

Will post up a picture of my lad’s Super Glue Specials later.

ads678

Cue loads of folk digging out a knackered old pair they just haven’t got round to chucking even though they have 3 pairs of brand new ones they just picked up in the Evans sale….

I’m letting my son use my trailcross at the moment, as he’d grown out of his. I’m hoping he doesn’t stay a size 9 for very long so I can have them back. Unitl then I’m just using a pair of Etnies cos I’m skint*…..

I think I can hear the tiny violin in the back ground….😉

*I’m really not in the big scheme of things, but can’t justify spending money on new bike shoes.

rickmeister

Almost borked but still rolling… uppers are reasonable but pedal pin rash on the toes does sting…

reluctantjumper

Cue loads of folk digging out a knackered old pair they just haven’t got round to chucking even though they have 3 pairs of brand new ones they just picked up in the Evans sale….

Just threw out my old pair, those pictures are my best ones! The other pair are just as bad but still covered in mud (Dyfi slop sets like concrete!) and I really can’t be bothered to wash them. Would have bought some in the Evans sale but A: I’m currently unemployed and watching the pennies and B: I’ll never give any of my money to Mike Ashley if I can possibly avoid it.

benp1

Is it obvious how I position my feet on the pedals?

I’ve actually worn a hole right through the outer sole 🙂

Shoes 1

Shoes 2

ads678

@reluctantjumper – Sorry, I was only taking the piss, although the bit about my lad wearing my Trailcross and not wanting to spend money on new shoes is true.

jwreeder1

I never win on the Christmas Giveaway, so please please please🙏🙏🙏

IMG_0542

james-rennie

Falling apart but still in regular use for commuting.

They have become more leaky breathable as the years have passed. IMG20231004161018

doomanic

I binned my 5-10 Minnar SPDs only a few weeks ago because the shank was broken and the clip came off. 😥

Does “old” earn any points? I’m still using my Shimano MX-70’s that I bought back in the ‘90’s…

IMG_6229IMG_6228IMG_6230

reluctantjumper

@ads678 – no offence taken, actually chuckled at your comment as I had the same thought!  

mezimov

DSC_0001_BURST20231004165553947DSC_0368

These are my son’s Adidas Stan Smith’s, which have been his all purpose bike park/bmx and skate shoe for far, far too long. Although they are now exceptionally breathable, what with the extra holes, it wouldn’t be wise to actually breathe in their vicinity. In this case, some new shoes might genuinely save lives and significant decontamination expense.

nedrapier

Looking for something to slot in above these and demote them formally to gardening duties!

razorrazoo

Soles currently badly attached with Shoe Goo

IMG_0258

oldfart

IMG_0679

oldfart

Can anybody explain why when cleats get really worn they become like death traps . .? Surely the more worn the looser they should be ? 🤔

oldfart

IMG_0680

oldfart

IMG_0681

oldfart

My mate who owns a shoe repair shop has stuck these back together a few times, haven’t got the nerve to go back any more and don’t think it’s worth investing in a pair of new insoles 🙄

thenorthwind

I thought I’d have this sewn up (no pun intended) but looking down the thread (same), these might have a few more years in them. Still…

20231004-173313

20231004-173342

cp

Gaping holes in mine!

PXL_20231004_162043509

paino

This is what the cat thinks of my old Access shoes. IMG_6473

_tom_
    Free Member

I don’t have any “proper” riding shoes at the minute since going back to flats, just wearing my old normal shoes. Yes they let in a lot of water 😅

acidchunks

Rumbled before I’d even done the deed!

mackenru

In fairness I suspect I won’t win.16964396488533613480536784380978

desperatebicycle

Its got a bit of mud on it!

twonks

I love my shoes, but they are getting a bit tatty after 30 ish years. 😂IMG_0189IMG_0190IMG_0191

leegee

I can’t compete with some of these already posted.

the-muffin-man

Not cycling shoes but I have cycled to the shop in them – wife says they have to go. Can’t see what’s wrong with them meself!!…

7E2B096F-2974-4FE5-AB7E-2FA4532B3D90

ernie67

Here’s mine and Mrs. E’s – both been Shoe Goo’d at least twice on the sole

dawns shoesernies shoes

Teedertodder

Bob Ross-esque happy little shoes, well they’re grippy although the pins do leave marks on my feet.

Tough love!

20231004_201516

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Some absolute shockers there, and some that just need a clean, all mine are mint compared to the above.

gkeeffe

Mine are shot. Sole hanging off on one and bubbling up on the other, d30 hanging out.  Still comfy tho with great grip!!IMG_3798IMG_3797IMG_3796

danieljohnreynolds

Here are mine: bulletproof and still going strong after 6 or 7 years. They’ve had a bit of a break recently (and laces washed) as I’m trying clipped for the year on the MTB as a 2023 resolution)

PXL_20231004_191849009

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 122 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.