• This topic has 121 replies, 92 voices, and was last updated 7 months ago by bfw.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • WIN Free FiveTen Shoes From Chain Reaction
  • oceanskipper

Liked and shared. I really hope I win because my wife’s, cousin’s cat was a bit unwell and he is getting married and can’t afford any shoes so it would really make our year. 🙏🙏🙏

mrl

Worn through and holes on both, added sheep poo. Seems to have filled in one of the holes which is good!

PXL_20231006_081327486

hitcho

This feels like good timing as I have just this morning finished re-assembling by bike after re-greasing the bearings ready for winter slop.

Here are my sole pair of riding shoes, treating me well on a weekly basis for the past five years. Now that I can see my socks through them I think they may be losing their waterproof properties and was considering a new pair. Maybe Christmas will come early this year?20231006_09470220231006_09464020231006_094605

desperatebicycle

my wife’s, cousin’s cat was a bit unwell and he is getting married

I hope he’s marrying another cat

benjaminwray
    Free Member

Just when I thought my beloved five tens had given up the ghost, gaffer came to the rescue! Saved our Stiniog day😊

didnthurt

Surely only full members can enter? 😉

fazzini

I’m gutted my AM41s have finally given up the ghost after 12 years. Not great when the pedal pins make holes in the insoles never mind the soles 😳 My guttedness could obviously be offset by a new pair of FiveTens.

IMG_20231006_164820

spooky_b329

Kept glueing these back together but gave up when both soles cracked, might as well have ridden in bare feet once that happened!

Used some Crank Brother sole savers for the last few months but it’s the second pair of shoes I’ve ruined, my lovely Lake winter boots died after my cleats literally ground through the sole to the cleat plate.

As a result, I’m ending 20 years of using Time Atac and switching to Shimano! (And to flats on another bike)

20231006_174111

robertajobb

Uppers seem to have worn away completely and tue strap broken.  And the other one has totally disintegrated 20231006_194251

purplepigtails

IMG_0016IMG_0015IMG_0002The last picture is me wearing the holy shoes this Thursday, in the peeing rain and clarted with mud! Fun times… but they have seen better times… 

chemister

imageimageWe don’t half have loads of well worn shoes….must have meant lots fun miles riding though I hope😁
    I’ve not tryed 5-10s yet?

simbsmith

To be honest, I don’t deserve a free pair, nothing wrong with these really, been shoe gooing them for years…although that’s JB Weld on the heal section.

simbsmith

Just remembered I bought those 5:10’s the year my child was born, he’s 10 now and I’m still wearing ’em! Despite never giving them a proper wash they don’t really smell, not sure of I can credit that to the shoes, or if I’ve got some sort of Angel feet.

jamesoz

IMG_0464

My Shimano shoes. Still in use while my 510s are drying out, but on the verge of bin.

nigeljh
    Free Member

I managed to lose my Five Tens on a bikepacking trip (😢) so have been riding in these knackered La Sportivas. Have glued the sole a number of times, but it keeps coming away…

Shoes

Rich_s

My poor child’s riding shoes – practically sandals 😭

PXL_20231007_140315988

edd

Deleted (double post)

edd

My Sunday shoes (they’re holy).

PXL_20231007_162718794

PXL_20231007_162735799

PXL_20231007_162802846PXL_20231007_163208133

milesf0
    Free Member

Was going to take a photo of the soles that are falling off but wanted to show they’re still being used in the beautiful Peak District.

fergz
    Free Member

About 25 yrs old (the shoes that is – I’m a bald middle aged biker with knackered shoes). Luckily I’m based in the South East, so 95 % of the time I get back from a ride with dry feet.

fergz
    Free Member

blokeuptheroad

Mine look alright on the outside, but the foot bed inside is disintegrating!

PXL_20231008_110645992

PXL_20231008_110717418

darthpunk
    Free Member

skate shoes because they were on sale, about 5 years old, worn through to plastic on both heels and sole about to split – will most likely be replaced with other cheap skate shoes when these finally die

darthpunk
    Free Member

darthpunkFree Member
    skate shoes because they were on sale, about 5 years old, worn through to plastic on both heels and sole about to split – will most likely be replaced with other cheap skate shoes when these finally die

This took more attempts than I am proud of to get this pic uploaded

twistedpencil

Battered, good at holding water in, held together with a mix of sugru and gorilla glue…

20231008_141041

serkuss

Lost shoes? Just follow your nose.

Dynamic toe flaps to help control your speed on steep descents

Unrivalled pedal feel

nickc

you people are all disgusting. I feel filthy just looking through all the pictures. 🙂

blokeuptheroad

you people are all disgusting. I feel filthy just looking through all the pictures. 🙂

Just be thankful you can only see and not smell them. Imagine bottling, distilling and super concentrating the combined essence of every STWers rancid riding shoes! 😮🤢

nc21

IMG_3839IMG_3838IMG_3840Best before…2020!

bens
    Free Member

Probably 15 years old now. They only get used locally when it’s dry because

A, they’re as waterproof as a sponge and

B, the soles have worn to the point that if you have to walk, you’re walking on the cleat which isn’t much fun on rocks…

Ridiculously comfy though

nbt

Looks like Mrs NBT (aka @Bunnyhop) is not as heavy on the shoes as some: we do have one VERY dead pair, but these are the two pairs that alternate in regular usage on road, tandem and MTB rides alike

31cef3ed-fbd8-43e1-acf0-ccfe200069bb

tykebike
    Free Member

Here’s my entry, my Five Ten Camp Fours. Sadly they are no longer available otherwise I would buy a pair in an instant.

5lab

My Scott flat shoes. Don’t get used on the road bike but get used everywhere else..

PXL_20231011_131639847.MPPXL_20231011_131632989.MPPXL_20231011_131709194.MP

chain reaction

Afternoon everyone. Wow, really enjoying seeing all your pics of battered footwear, thanks for sharing so far. We’ll be picking some winners tomorrow…

Top picks right now are:

• rickmeister’s pin rash-inducing pair
    • jwreeder1’s shockingly worn pair
    • nedrapier’s Five Tens which should immediately be put to gardening duties
    • butcherboy – no words
    • hitcho – five years of use, that’s good going (love the tiles)
    • purplepigtails – impressive durability, love the recent ride pic
    • serkuss – reaction shot is a cracker! Love the minimal key hook too

Kudos points to:

• doomanic’s old school Shimano MX-70s (loved them!)
    • reeksy (bin the red ones ASAP!)
    • luketracey for their optimism
    • Shoe Goo (maybe we should stock it…!)

See you tomorrow 🙂

ernie67

Oh well, no chance of a pair of freebies then …..back out with the Shoe Goo !

steelywheeie45

Hi these are my current shoes, both getting tired.

the tape keeps the sole on and extra duck tape applied for d we inter to keep toes dry. 

8524FE10-93B6-4B34-97EC-BCAC94D5C046F94E968E-1C7B-4490-814C-80734BDB842A

chain reaction

Hello everyone 👋🏻

We’ve picked some winners! You’ve sent in some amazing/shocking images but these are the top picks:

Congrats to jwreeder1, butcherboy, hitcho and purplepigtails. We will send you a message via Singletrack to get some details off you, so look out for that!

Thanks to all who got involved. We’ll be back again soon!

Have a great weekend on the trails 🤘🏼

Rich_s

Pah. I didn’t win. I hope your cat pisses in your shoes.

blokeuptheroad

Pah. I didn’t win. I hope your cat pisses in your shoes.

🤣 They all smell that way eventually anyway

johnjn2000

I was going to post a pic of my FiveTens I rode in yesterday as they have rips all over them but seeing some of the items removed from landfill above, I don’t think I will bother, mine must have at least a decade left in them.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 122 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.