Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • William! Wragg!
  • smogmonster

His nickname in Parliament makes me laugh… Pi$$Wragg but then i am kinda childish.

MoreCashThanDash

There’s nothing honourable about any of them

I think we need to be careful with such generalisations  – there are a lot of decent and hard working MPs, some of them are Tories.

Though I agree there’s a lot to be reformed there.

slowoldman

Lets hope the Tory’s merge with Reform and become a place of refuge for idiots

Better they stay separate and split the right wing vote.

Kramer
    Free Member

And he’s resigned the whip.

RichPenny
    Free Member

“And he’s resigned the whip”

Heard enough about his private life now thanks.

ElShalimo

He should resign from his job. The system is really messed up when they can behave so badly in public office but there seems to be very little anyone can do to remove them.

kimbers

Its not about Wragg

at least 2 more MPs sent pics?!

You’ve got to wonder who else is compromised in parliament and be what they’ve divulged

binners

Maybe ‘Charlie’ was researching for a new game show? Match up the nob and his nob?

Poopscoop

I’m a little surprised by all this.

I thought Tory MP’s only sold the country out for hard cash but to find out they will do so for a picture of a cock is probably down to Brexit?

Have you cock and… well…

convert

You remember at the final months of the Major government when you thought the own goals could not stop coming? That was Vauxhall Conference League in comparison to these Champion’s League, sorry scratch that – a bit too European for their tastes…Premier League levels of self destruction. Is there a tory MP in Britain that’s not having a flick through their Linkedin connections and blowing the dust off their CV? They are going to be ripped a new one….which on reflection might well be what Willy Wragg was hoping for….

politecameraaction
    Free Member

It’s wildly stupid to be a middle aged man and think you’re so attractive to people that they would ask you for dick pics

It’s wildly stupid to send dick pics to people you don’t know

It’s wildly inattentive to think that anyone would give a shit about your dick pics in the current environment. Like – if you’re Boris Johnson or Liz Truss or Kwasi Kwarteng and don’t get fired…why would anyone fire you? It’s not even in the top 100 worst things that’s happened in the past year

dissonance

And those two have even less of an excuse. He was “chatting” with someone on a hookup site.

The other two had mysterious people whatsapping them with a few vague details and then sent them dodgy pics.

Whilst stupid its not wildly so. Wildly so is including your face in the photos. Anything short of that can be denied (unless you have a well known birthmark or tattoo I guess).

PJM1974
    Free Member

So, have I got this right in thinking that Wragg shared private contact details of certain MPs because he was being blackmailed?

And the same William Wragg served as chair of the Constitutional Affairs Select Committee AND was vice-chair of the 1922 Committee – with no small amount of influence & oversight?

Bloody hell, that’s some kompromat right there.

poly
    Free Member

Presumably sharing your colleague personal contact details because you are getting blackmailed for being dumber than a horny schoolboy is a breach of the MPs code of conduct* and the Standards Commissioner can do the usual thing of suspending him, creating a recall petition and by-election…

of course none of that is fast so Rishi might seal his fate in a General Election first?

*I imagine even in the HOC they didn’t cover that specific circumstance but there will be a catch all – behaving inappropriately for your position?

PJM1974
    Free Member

John Profumo lived the rest of his life in quiet disgrace for boffing the same mistress as a Soviet naval attaché.

I can’t see Wragg or any of the other dicture distributing degenerates doing the same.

TiRed

Unless they are your urologist. The level of stupidity here is remarkable. Can’t they just ignore unsolicited messages like the rest of us?

el_boufador

Reading this article

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/apr/09/william-wragg-resigns-tory-whip-after-divulging-mps-phone-numbers?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Does the poor bloke have some significant mental health struggles?

I am certainly no fan of the Tories, or indeed Jeremy Hunt, but JH does seem to be amongst the most competent of the shit show that’s left and I don’t see why he’d defend the indefensible for any other reason.

batfink
    Free Member

Him sending his own dickpic to a blackmailer was a resigning offence IMO (proper resigning, not just “resigning the whip”).

However, sending the contact details of your colleagues to somebody you know to be a blackmailer, so they too can be blackmailed – is something that he should clearly be summarily fired, and probably face criminal charges for.  I know he was under duress (because of his own incomprehensible fecklessness), but ultimately he was complicit in numerous attempts to blackmail public servants.

There is much about the current crop of Tories that I find offensive, but certainly in the top 3 things is that a great many of them (being careful not to generalise) just seem to be abject **** ing morons.

rickmeister

Maybe he was thinking it would all blow over and nothing more would be done after he sent the contact details and a quick chat with Charlie…. a win win perhaps.

Like having your cock and eating it…..

Biblically stupid….

theotherjonv

However, sending the contact details of your colleagues to somebody you know to be a blackmailer,

When put in those words, there’s no escaping just how obviously dumb this is and how seriously it should be taken.

Kramer
    Free Member

I’ve always felt that gay Conservatives must be seriously conflicted at some level. Their chosen party is homophobic. Gay marriage only passed because of Labour support, and their anti-trans culture wars stirring smacks of homophobia to me.

crazy-legs

Bloody hell, that’s some kompromat right there.

The levels of security risk are off the charts.

Who needs any James Bond style shit when you can just phish an MP on a dating app?!

Get them to reveal the contact info of all their colleagues – leaving them open to blackmail too – and at some point you’ll find someone who’s actually connected enough to give out genuinely sensitive information around military units or critical civilian infrastructure or confidential policy.

There’s just a chain of utter stupidity at every level.

willard

One of the things that concerns me, apart from the stupidity of the MPs involved and the security risk of this sort of thing, is that I am forced to question a) at what point does the Whips’ list become tantamount to blackmail (a criminal offense?) and b) does the withholding of knowledge on sexual misconduct that could be seen as sexual assault become a criminal offense?

That the whips are using this type of leverage makes them no better than the people doing the honey trapping.

genuinely sensitive information around military units

Which the results of for military personnel are rather swift and career limiting/ending. I knew a bod who once sent a selfie of himself to a woman he was chatting to on tinder. The photo was from inside a building that came under the authority of a particular unit with some pretty cool toys in the background. He was regular army bod attached.

Said lass posted it on her SM, somebody she was connected to screenshot it and shared it publically, someone else saw it, flagged it to the right people. Photo was gone in a heartbeat and the individual was out of the unit in 24 hours, with a letter to follow from Defence Vetting stating that individual will never hold anything above basic security to continue to serve, also came with a discipline charge the result of which was a letter of censure (2 year promotion hold).

But then after that had to have 3 reports to be eligible for promotion, so essentially had a 5 year period where advancing his career was not happening. Seems MP’s can get away with some mental stuff with very little repercussions.

fasthaggis

Is anyone surprised by this.
    You have to look at the system that delivers these minions to the Conservative party.
    Honestly,who (in their 20s) would choose a life in that workplace.

poly
    Free Member

Honestly,who (in their 20s) would choose a life in that workplace.

thats part of the problem isn’t it?  The “gene pool” of people who would want to be an MP / work with MPs is very restricted which means you get crap/stupid MPs, MPs who have no moral compass, MPs who exploit their status etc.  Therefore the next time they seek candidates the pool of people who would consider it is even smaller, leaving even poorer quality candidates… and so on in a spiral of decay.

Of course “we” are partly to blame – we elect people with little scrutiny on them personally; we complain but don’t get involved in the parties to shape the candidate choices; we don’t stand for election ourselves; we love a scandal; we love a social media furore…

I’ve always felt that gay Conservatives must be seriously conflicted at some level. Their chosen party is homophobic.

For a homophobic party they do seem to have an awful lot of gay MPs!  Perhaps its how you swage your conscience if you don’t really approve of the gays, you nominate them as your local candidate – like having a “black friend” lets you claim not to be racist.

… and their anti-trans culture wars stirring smacks of homophobia to me.

Not sure if equating trans and homosexual actually makes you transphobic or homophobic.

Kramer
    Free Member

Not sure if equating trans and homosexual actually makes you transphobic or homophobic.

I wasn’t trying to equate them, just making the point that they seem to come from a similar place psychologically.

convert

Of course “we” are partly to blame – we elect people with little scrutiny on them personally; we complain but don’t get involved in the parties to shape the candidate choices; we don’t stand for election ourselves

Indeed. You have to temper your ‘rage’ at the people who get elected by your own lack of gumption to do anything about it. I suppose the problem is that candidate for MP get chosen by people in the party – local or national. Not a million miles away from the problem in the US – Trump gets put forward as the republican party by the rabid MAGAs even though he is a very long way from what most people in the company would actually choose. Biden not much better.

kelvin

we complain but don’t get involved in the parties to shape the candidate choice

Agreed. Although I did get involved this time. Took me 50 years to get to that point though. What would get more people involved at an earlier age? Having said that, there was quite a good spread of age range at our candidate hustings… but then that wasn’t Conservatives.

dissonance

That the whips are using this type of leverage makes them no better than the people doing the honey trapping.

Wragg actually made a thing of this in 2022 when he was trying to get Johnson sacked when he claimed they put pressure on him to back down.

It was reported he was meeting the police but then it vanished from the news.

Reading private eye today it did note he is a member of the “common sense” faction of the tories. Proving once again their definition doesnt match the normal one.

kimbers

common sense…….

willard

And, just like that, all sympathy I had left for the guy has gone. Idiot.

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.