Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 156 total)
  • Will we actually leave the EU .
  • RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Given that the UK government is pretty shaky and that whether we like it or not Europe has the power to screw us massively over virtually everything and the negotiations on terms are going to take ages , UK trade deals for post Brexit will take years to arrange and countless other reasons , see the current passport fiasco , then is it really viable that we will leave the EU on time or even at all ? Apologies if this has been covered in a previous thread .

mrmoofo

No ….

steezysix
    Free Member

I wish this thread would leave the bike forum… 😉

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I wish this thread would leave the bike forum…

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

thecaptain
    Free Member

Massive thread already but no I agree I don’t think we are likeliy to leave.

binners

Hotel Calafornia Brexit

You can check out, but…..

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yes, we will end EU membership in 18 months or whatever. We may even leave the common market – all very definitive headline grabbing stuff.

But the deal we leave with will probably end up being akin to the common market, allow free movement (whilst reminding everyone of the powers we already have) paying to be there and losing voting powers, which is fine because no one cares about the EU in the UK except the people who want to burn it all down ‘because’.

Daffy

I think it depends on what the political climate (polsters) looks like in 12 months time. If the long range forecast for leaving looks favourable to the Tories, then regardless of the mess, they’ll press ahead. If it looks poor, they’ll water it down or back out of it. Make no mistake, this isn’t about the UK and Europe, it is about the will of the people and the likelihood of those people to vote Conservative in the future. They’ll quite happily screw the coutry so long as people keep voting for them…that’s how we got into this mess in the first place.

tjagain

I think Binners is right – until we get a sensible goivernment in who will then scrap it – it will still cost us hugely anyway as we will have wasted a huge amount of the other 27s time and money – so cancelling brexit will also come at a huge cost. Bye bye rebate

konanige

Of course we wont leave, If you remember the Great British public are here to serve the Ministers in government not the other way round, heaven forbid, the Elite are there to show us plebs whats best for us as we are incapable of making intelligent informed decisions about our own futures so lets have no more talk of it!!!

enfht
    Free Member

Before it crumbles into the sea?

wilburt
    Free Member

Even if they wanted this present lot couldn’t make it happen.

tjagain

My guess is Mays government will collapse sooner or later. Enough clever parliamentarians on the opposition benches to find the right wedge to drive between the tories and the DUP or one of the court cases over the DUP deal will cause it to unravel.

Labour could easily fight another election on a second referendum – that would allow them to mask their divisions over leaving the EU and there is no doubt at all another referendum would be remain by a large margin given the exposure of the leavers lies and their fantasies that people believed will be no longer believed – that and Corbyn has shown the power of the right wing press is permanently broken

badnewz
    Free Member

I think it is 90 percent sure to happen.
    The German economy is starting to hit the buffers and as they pull the strings in Europe, a deal will be forced through to ensure German manufacturers retain access to the UK.
    This helps strengthen the UK’s hand in negotiations; I think Hammond will end up being PM, perhaps by the end of this year, and his vision of Brexit will prevail.

tjagain

Wishful thinking badnewz

Read up on the german CBI position. that simply is not going to happen. ther integrity of the EU is far more important to the german manufacturing sector that the small UK market – which will still exist anyway as its not a price dependent market anyway.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Of course we’re going to leave. Stop paying attention to the news and you won’t even notice when it happens.

bikebouy
    Free Member

No..maybe..yes..erm..No, maybe, yes, erm… I know ask a politician who sold you the myth.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

gerti
    Free Member

If we don’t, is democracy dead in the UK?

allthepies
    Free Member

Of course we will.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Probably not, it just means if you kick/scream/cry enough you’ll get what you want.
    As for a ‘sensible government’, I’ve been waiting for 60 years for one.

tjagain

gerti – Member

Its been dying for years and if a new government is elected on a platform of a second referendum which then gives a remain vote then thats surely democratic enough.

5thElefant
    Free Member

The Lib Dems didn’t get in.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Its been dying for years and if a new government is elected on a platform of a second referendum which then gives a remain vote then thats surely democratic enough.

Power to the people!!!

tjagain

Its the obvious platform for labour given their divisions. Mays government is going to collapse – I very much doubt it will last long enough to actually reach the leaving date

Cougar

I’m amazed this has never been mentioned before.

I’ll throw this open to the floor – let this thread run or kill it as a duplicate?

Cougar

Only to people who need a dictionary.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Its the obvious platform for labour given their divisions.

Maybe, but they took the opposite approach. Without a change of leadership that won’t change.

wilburt
    Free Member

Is there a cost per thread?

peteimpreza

Kill it

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The Lib Dems didn’t get in.

I always imagine Brexiteers rocking backwards and forwards when they repeat this.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Sorry cougar I didn’t have the time nor the inclination to check through nearly 900 pages of the other thread . It seems to be facilitating a bit of debate so why kill it .

Cougar

It seems to be facilitating a bit of debate so why kill it .

So ok, how about this: it lives but no thread drift. Debate the actual question, and if it turns into the usual YORE AL RONG argument I’ll have it shot. Sound fare? Er, fair?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So ok, how about this: it lives but no thread drift.

Cougar

CFH, you underestimate me. (-:

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Modz be modding. 😀

slowoldman

You haven’t been reading the other thread have you?

mrmo
    Free Member

democracy is dead in the UK, when politicians can lie with impunity then your screwed.

When a large part of the electorates concerns have been ignored for decades is it any surprise we are where we are.

As for Brexit, what ever the opinion polls say. Obviously the minor detail of the EU agreeing to a repeal of A50.

Worst case we will be reapplying in a few years once it is realised just how incompetent the UK actually is.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Worst case we will be reapplying in a few years once it is realised just how incompetent the UK actually is.

I though worst case was the Europeans will start stuffing each other in ovens again without us to keep them civilised? 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 156 total)

The topic ‘Will we actually leave the EU .’ is closed to new replies.