Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Wii Zapper – any good?
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Been playing Goldeneye on the Wii and wondering if a Wii Zapper would help improve things. Anyone using one and got any feedback.

LMT
    Free Member

Its just a plastic gun to hold the wii mote, not worth much tbh. It came with a zelda game, thats quite a good blast. Have never used it since, not even sure where it is, a bit like my wii.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

I prefer Frank- I’ll get my coat!

anonymouse
    Free Member

Meh

Hohum
    Free Member

Wii remote seems to do my son and I good enough at the moment.

I don’t feel that the Wii remote gives as much control as the old N64 controller though. However, you can change the sensitivities on the Wii, so I guess that I/we need to experiment.

Bushwacked – how far have you got into the game? My son and I are on mission 6 and have entered the cradle. It has been fun playing it. One day I need to try and sneak the Wii downstairs and plug it into the TV in the lounge as the 19 inch screen up in my son’s bedroom isn’t doing the game justice I reckon 😆

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Ho HUm, I’m just defending Natalya on level 6 but thats a tough section. The section before with the guys firing RPGs at you is entertaining too. Doing it on operative and may go back and try it on 007 once I’ve finished.

I’m running mine of my 37″ TV downstairs and its awesome. Just ordered some Component leads to increase the quality of the picture.

Loving the game 🙂

Hohum
    Free Member

^^^^

Oh, you are well ahead of me as my son and I are doing it on the easiest level!

Took us a while to get through the RPGs. It actually needed 2 of us because the second one is a pest and hard to spot where it is coming from.

Defending Natalya is slightly easier with the right weapon, some aim better than others although you still have to make sure every shot counts though.

We have just made it outside. I guess that we must be getting close to the end.

Have you tried the multi-player stuff yet? I did and I got wasted. I did get one kill in though, so I was chuffed 😆

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Operative is the easiest level isn’t it? If the easiest level isn’t operative then I’m still on the easiest level 😉

Sounds like you are ahead of me.

Know what you’re saying about those RPGs being hard to see – I could just see them on the 37 but on a 19 it would be like looking for a needle in the ocean!

I’m getting into the multiplayer and am wondering if this is where the zapper comes into its own. Some of the people playing it are super quick and accurate. I have found that aiming (z button) as you see someone locks you on so you just ping off a few rounds and most of the time I still get cained but have almost killed as many as I have been killed by.

Hohum
    Free Member

I see this as a challenge who can finish it first then as I am only just ahead of you by a couple of checkpoints.

Using the z button is the easiest way to lock on to an enemy. Some guns lock on much better than others.

The RPGS were infuriating and I would not have spotted them on my own, so I was lucky my son was with me. They were just so quick to lock on to you even if just raised the end of your rifle from behind your cover.

We will be watching Lost tonight, but I am sure that we will find some time to crack on with the game at some point today.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I have this afternoon to catch up then 😉

Hohum
    Free Member

Woohay!

We managed to finish it this afternoon 🙂

We both enjoyed the game. I bought the original on the N64 when it first came out and this is a worthy successor IMO. It has similarities to the original but is also enjoyably different. I never managed to finish the N64 one, the cradle was just too manic for me, once I made it down the ladder with Trevalyan, but that was it.

Just started playing it on the next level up. The nunchuck moves you and you aim with the oblong bit. The wii zapper may make this level easier, not sure though.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Damn you! I had to turn if off after not being able to get past the defend natalya level!!!

Hohum
    Free Member

Bushwacked – Member
    Damn you! I had to turn if off after not being able to get past the defend natalya level!!!

😆

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Finally finished it 🙂

Hohum
    Free Member

Bushwacked – Member
    Finally finished it

Well done Bushwacked!

So, are you going to try it again on the next level up?

I have not played it since last weekend, but I did promise my son we would have a play on it this evening.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Got CoD world at war now, once i finish that i think i’ll give goldeneye a go on a hard level

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Wii Zapper – any good?’ is closed to new replies.