Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Whyte T-130 C RS panic
  • chrisorders
    Free Member

Geom is definitely different. As you say the front is low but don’t feel especially stretched. If you don’t like how low, riser bars are always an option. Climbing is really sweet and this is where I was worried the weight would count against but I couldn’t fault it but then I’m definitely more in the rookie category. I went on a spesh demo day and took the XL enduro out. tbh I thought it was fantastic and definitely more traditional geometry than the Whyte, just didn’t feel quite as exclusive as the Whyte (which is bollox really as Whytes are becoming quite common thanks to all the rave reviews). Also test rode a bronson c s am, that was nice but £££ for the spec and personally thought it didn’t climb great which is 50% of the battle unless you are doing uplifts. It’s a really tough choice, so many great bikes out there!

chrisorders
    Free Member

Just weighed in at 31lb with pedals (and bell)! Best get myself on a diet.

flaps
    Free Member

Enjoy, I like the more subtle colours of the new Whytes.
    I bought a 2016 Cube Stereo 140 HPA SL two weeks ago. I’d read positive reviews (although always take them with a pinch of salt), it had £750 off an was still on 0% finance, seemed rude not to!
    Done 110 miles so far and I like it.
    Hard to beat ‘new bike day’!

cb

uhmmm the stereo would be a good half way house and only £2100 at the moment – real bargain for that spec! Trying to narrow my choices rather than extend them though!

Thanks for feedback chrisorders. Assume it flys downhill?

iainc

Glad it worked out OP. I went for an Anthem as I thought the Whyte was a bit low and long. Got it a few days ago and first ride tomorrow 😀 New bikes are great !

Edit : 26 pounds with Time pedals and ISM saddle …

b45her
    Free Member

love a thread full of regurgitated magazine crap, if you had ever ridden with these mtb journalists you would know that they generally cant ride for shit.
    and wouldn’t know what to write if there wasn’t a press release to re-word.

cb

enlighten us b45her…tell us what we should be talking about.

chrisorders
    Free Member

Well there’s a balanced and equally damning dissection of the bike magazine industry, thanks b45her. Look forward to seeing you fly the flag at red bull rampage or something this year then!?

lawman91

Lawman – if you see this I’d be keen to know how much weight benefit you saw from changing the wheels out? Not that I will for a while but would be good to know if that’s a beneficial upgrade for the future.

I saved 300g with the new wheels and it’s instantly noticable on the trail, bike feels quicker to get up to speed and more agile. It’s still a smidge over 30lb (though admittedly covered in Llandegla grime!) ao it’s not superlight, but then it does have nearly 900g of front tyre and an alloy crankset. I also added weight with a Chromag ranger stem, though the matching Chromag Cutlass Carbon bar bought most of that back, but still only saved 20g overall. I think with some Raceface Next SL cranks and lighter tyres you could get it under 29lbs. I will likely get the cranks when my cycle to work voucher comes up for renewal as I had a set on my old Mondraker Foxy and really rated them, stupid press fit BB aside. Tyre’s I’m not so sure on, I keep looking at the Maxxis Forekaster in work as they’re meant to be under 700g so would save a 2-300g off the stock tyres, but I wonder if it would feel as planted. I would experiment as I used to do but tyres are so **** expensive nowadays!

chrisorders
    Free Member

Very interesting, thanks Lawman. Swapping the tyres out would be an easy fix. Not completely sold on the stock ones either but then what does grip on wet roots!? Went for a trail park ride today and swapped bikes with my mate again and while his is ridiculously light and mega plush, the Whyte just feels so planted and yet easy to chuck about and I won’t go on about it’s superb climbing abilities again. It really is a fantastic bike and definitely the right choice for me.

robarnold
    Free Member

I’ve ridden the t130 carbon very briefly (not off road) and I was blown away by how light and nimble it felt. It virtually jumped out of my hands when I pressed on the pedals. Coming from a 33lbs g160 I understand that everything is relative but if it rides like an ally t130 (ie very well) with that nimbleness then it has to be one hell of a bike

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Whyte T-130 C RS panic’ is closed to new replies.