Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Whyte 829
  • nacho
    Free Member

I’m off to demo a Whyte 829 29er tonight (and will take it out again tomorrow morning)
    I’m really looking forward to see how big wheels cope with my local trails and I’m a Whyte fan so have high hopes 🙂
    Then if I like it as much as I think I might I just have to persuade Mrs nacho I need this bike……

cheers_drive

Nice, have you ridden any other 29ers to compare it to?
    I quite like the look of it but the Canyon 29er is so much better vfm it’s hard to justify the Whyte.

Let us know how you get on.

nacho
    Free Member

I’ve only ridden an old Gary Fisher Kai Tai, (my pub bike now) not much comparison. I have just checked the Canyon website and they look nice but I don’t think I could buy a bike without riding it first. A friend has a Giant 29er HT which I’m hoping to try as an alternative…

bigsi
    Free Member

Hmmmmm I’d defiantly try a 2nd 29er to compare the Whyte to.

I don’t know what it is about it but it didn’t feel right to me…… or the other 4 people i have spoken to who have tested one! One of them has also tried the Carbon version & said this was a lot better than the alloy one i tested.

For the record I’ve tried quite a few different 29ers & ride them all the time as haven’t owned a 26″ wheeled bike for almost 3 years.

The Whyte was by far the worst I’ve had the misfortune to throw my leg over* 😯

*this is just my opinion.

Hope you enjoy it more than i did. 😛

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Its a Whyte they dont make bad bikes. 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Whyte 829’ is closed to new replies.