Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Why shout out of cars?
  • chris_mbuk
    Free Member

was on my orange alpine today and some toss pot shouts ” get a real bike ” i didn’t turn my head i never do but i just though ok so hes either just a jealous chav with no job or someone that just dosent like orange bikes lol

orena45

I had that for the first time in ages yesterday riding home. I just flicked the V’s and carried on safe in the knowledge that they were n0bs and I was having fun 😀

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

yea i think its just jealousy because its brand new lol i just pretend i dont hear them and they soon get bored or think ” shit i dont think he heard me” 😛

Keva
    Free Member

I expect he probably meant motorbike. Bit of a knobbish thing to do though, best ignored.

Kev

brakes
    Free Member

they’re just having a laugh, doubt they mean anything by it

Gary_M
    Free Member

Just ignore them and pretend you didn’t hear. Not worth reacting too.

Kuco

Might of been a roadie?

seosamh77
    Free Member

launch a brick at the motor next time.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

” get a real bike “

I thought the same thing first time I saw an Orange. 😉

flip
    Free Member

I was running about 2 years ago and a ‘yoof’ lobbed an apple at me out of a car, it hit me in the stomach and really hurt..

It could have taken my eye out… 😐

sambob
    Free Member

I had this twice in 5 mins in Glossop the other week. One was by a little kid in the back of a car 🙄

sefton
    Free Member

I read a 73 year old chap from bolton got pushed off his bike from a passenger in a car (put him in hospital)!

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’ve a mate who’s ginger and another who’s bald. They’re constantly getting stuff shouted at them by passing cars. Was walking to town with my bald mate the other day and some stranger shouted “f*ck off baldy” from a passing car. Bizarre behaviour indeed.

djglover
    Free Member

In my former years I have been guilty of such highjinx. Including asking people the time outside big ben then driving off, asking young women ‘what’s the best way to Oldham’ Once it even cumulated in launching a pain au chocolat out of the sunroof of a golf gti.

I’m not proud of any of this but it was a bloody good laugh.

Amos
    Free Member

Mrblobby; surely if your mates wore helmets they wouldnt cop such abuse

mrblobby
    Free Member

Amos, this is when out walking, not cycling. Or are you suggesting that being bald or ginger they should permanently wear helmets to cover this fact?

dogbert
    Free Member

I had this yesterday, some chav gonk in a punto screamed something I couldn’t understand from her car…….had a baby on board sign, lovely example for the kids.

tinribz
    Free Member

Was walking to town with my bald mate the other day and some stranger shouted “f*ck off baldy” from a passing car. Bizarre behaviour indeed.

😆

Was late back one evening and got caught on a main road with no lights, so walked along the verge. Bout every 5 mins some car full of chavs would beep their horn and flash the vees when I looked up.

WTF?

mav12
    Free Member

only this evening a chavess gets out of a cab blocking the road in the process and tells me to get some lights on my bike which i have and it was 6.30 and sunny,

vdubber67
    Free Member

Why were you riding an Orange Alpine on the road? 😉 They probably thought you were over-biked or something

Amos
    Free Member

Mate I’m balding and Ginger feel my pain! mind you I look a bit
    Mental so that helps 🙂

bananaworld
    Free Member

flip –

I was running about 2 years ago and a ‘yoof’ lobbed an apple at me out of a car, it hit me in the stomach and really hurt..

It could have taken my eye out…

Next time it could be a child’s face.

flip
    Free Member

Indeed 😐

scraprider
    Free Member

suprised you can hear anything over that noisey hub ( patriot owner here with noisey hub)

HermanShake
    Free Member

It indicates how low they need to go to feel better than a stranger, it’s the cheapest of shots. I have too many “why the f*ck would someone (insert bellendy behaviour here)?” to quote.

The average IQ is 100, The Sun is the nation’s favourite.

Kip

Had lots of abuse over the years of commuting. My favourite responses have been
    1. Catching up with car at traffic lights, tapping on the window and asking what they said as I couldn’t quite catch it the first time. Resulted in lots of embarrassed faces and trying to pretend I wasn’t there.
    2. Telling a chav child to “F*** off you little ****” His mates nearly wet themselves laughing and next time he just gave me a knowing nod, which I politely returned.

I have yet to use the line “why do you say things to make other people feel bad? Are you a bully or is it the only way you can make yourself feel good” Need lots of traffic and fast legs for that one methinks!

Wozza
    Free Member

Twatish behaviour of the highest order… especially throwing things.

This happened to me once. Was out riding with my 7 year old kid brother and a mate, this old boy called the wee man something derogatory that was well out of order.

Mate looked after him and I chased this bloke down over a mile or so. Him and his Mrs shit it big time when I pulled up at the drivers window.

Other than a few choice words nothing bad happened, but it was most satisfying scaring them.

Holmesey
    Free Member

Once it even cumulated in launching a pain au chocolat out of the sunroof of a golf gti.

Cloudy was it Monsieur Golf Garcon?

bigjim

I used to commute along a busy rural A road with a pavement on one side which I sometimes used. I had both “use the f***ing road” and “use the f***ing pavement”, so you can’t win.

Duggan

Some people are just idiots, nothing more to it. I’ve had stuff shouted at me from cars when out running too 🙄

Strangely the only way it bothers me is not that some people think I’m a **** but more that a lot of people seem to think that if you’re out cycling or running than you’re the really smug sort that thinks you’re better than everyone else not doing it.

I really don’t care what other people do and only run or cycle cause I enjoy it, but I supose you can’t stop people making assumptions.

winterfold
    Free Member

As more MTBers cross to the dark side of roadying expect more of this

If you start going for the full Lycra and doing events – even your local 10 – then you will be asked if you take drugs/offered drugs/spat on/generally abused – and that’s just the pensioners.

You knew there were plenty of morons about already, this kind of stuff just confirms it – just smile and wave

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

dubber67 – i was on the road but i was lifting it over a gate to get to a nice singletrack section ive found in the woods until i got a ” get a real bike” lol

glenh
    Free Member

I can never make out what people are shouting from cars as they go past, but I always assumed it was something along the lines of “I’m a massive nobba, and possibly a retard too”.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

We get people calling out to us all the time when on the tandem. Every ride you hear “shes not pedalling on the back” or some similar witticism. gets rather tiresome Rarely the insults tho

floyd_england
    Free Member

A couple of months ago I had a car slow down next to me, the window went down and the driver leant across his passenger and shouted “F**kin Retard!” then sped off way over the speed limit.

The irony of the situation still makes me smile……..

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’ve been hit by a flying loaf of bread from a moving car 😆 was lovely and soft.

stumpy01

philconsequence – Member
    i’ve been hit by a flying loaf of bread from a moving car was lovely and soft.

I had an empty coke bottle, half a sandwich and some mars bar launched at me from a moving car as it overtook. Plus a grinning face looking out the back window, as they drove off.

There’s a level crossing about a mile away and I sped up as fast as I could in the hope that it would be down (it often is), but on this occasion, it wasn’t.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

haha floyd i can imagine that situation, i would actully burst out laughing if i got that lol

7hz
    Free Member

People drop social norms when they feel out of reach of any consequences. Shouting stuff out of cars is a common one… getting into fights in internet forums is another one.

Throwing stuff is unacceptable though and should be reported to the Police.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I’ve had a few too. My favorite was ‘Go Lance!’, though that could probably have been taken as abuse as well 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Why shout out of cars?’ is closed to new replies.