Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • why is my baby still crying…?!
  • doof_doof
    Free Member

Silent reflux. Quite common and often goes undiagnosed.

Trekster

Son now 34 was a howler till aged 5. At about age 3 I finally convinced his Doc he was asthmatic(as I am)by calling him at 3am one morning and holding the phone to his mouth/chest, he was out within the hour 😐 It was my wife’s Doc, I was just a bit more assertive! He finally started sleeping properly when he went to school which seemed to tire him out! He is now back to sleeping poorly due to work stress!!!! Both his kids are howlers 🙄

Daughters 2. Son now 9 has a bowel condition which caused him great distress but wasn’t picked up till he was 3ish!! His wee sister was allergic to mums milk and them cows milk then ordinary formula milk and ended up on an expensive formula they had to pay for, again took a long time and a process of elimination 🙄

crankboy
    Free Member

Lots of possibilities but the universal truth is it is just a phase . If you issue is the same as ours was then colic . Take them away from your wife hold them up right and rock them and comfort them while they cry and she sleeps then when you are too tired and stressed hand over to your wife to do the same while you sleep .

jambalaya
    Free Member

Another guess at colic, one of my three suffered from it. You can try the excellently named “gripe water”. Alternatively you might check his/her eating, are they really getting enough food and are they winded properly ?

doof_doof
    Free Member

Also see a cranial osteopath.

Xylene
    Free Member

The vacuum cleaner theory is that it sounds like the womb. Makes me wonder though if it is the sound of the mum cleaning they here or it just sounds like a Dyson in there.

I could make a fortune if I could gt inside a womb for a day record the noises then make a small portable device that covers all the ranges of noises.

The Wombinato.

Kryton57

andyfla
    Free Member

Also see a cranial osteopath.

or really, really dont – baby’s neck has been broken by a chiropractor yes I know chiropractor rather than osteopath, but …….

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Change the milk

We went from SMA after 6 weeks to Cow and Gate and it made a massive difference

Also gripe water, we had lots of problems with Colic.

Other than that it’s a crap shoot and it’ll be something else next week

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

DrP, it’s all the noise you’re making taking that bleedin’ fireplace out..! FFS. 🙄

DrP

Ha… The fireplace is in another house!

Well, my sleep last night was from 2000-2300… That was it!

I think reflux too, by a process of elimination.
    Less red wine and city for this little lass..

DrP

Xylene
    Free Member

Noise cancelling headphones may reduce the anxiety as well. the crying sound is fairly constant

jam-bo

Has anyone mentioned reflux? Prop the end of the cot up. About 4 books seemed to be about the right slope to be effective but not end up with baby sliding to the bottom,

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘why is my baby still crying…?!’ is closed to new replies.