Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Why is my 2018 Transfer post faster and lighter than my 2017 one ?
  • iainc

The 2017 is a 30.9 and 8 months old. The 2018 one is brand new and 31.6mm. Both internal, both with Wolftooth LA remotes. Cable in older one is clean and stiction free, routing is good and goes through BB area on Anthem and always feels great and very light action, however having just put a 2018 one into my Bird Zero today, the lever is even lighter and the post faster return.

What’s different ? The 2018 post is slightly greater diameter, can’t see that having any effect. It’s new, that might make a difference. Routing is slightly simpler, that might have a small impact. Have they changed the lever arm length on the post base or inside .. ?

glenh
    Free Member

Because it is 1 better?

guglielmo
    Free Member

Evolutionary improvement with each revision?

iainc

Yep, I guess maybe the internals have been tweaked a bit

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Is the old one at the correct pressure? (Assuming it’s like a reverb?)
    Is there a speed adjustment dial anywhere that has moved?

I have an old Specialized Command Post. Works with a gear cable and only about 15psi in it, but unlike my Reverb, will launch a coke can or my testicles into space

iainc

No speed adjuster as that is controlled by how far you push the remote (cable). Not sure about air pressure, will have a look at manual, ta.

TheGingerOne

Are both seat collars done up to exactly the same torque? A minor difference will affect the speed of return.

iainc

Yes, tried that and still the same. It’s not an issue but I am curious as to both why the lever is slightly heavier and the return a bit slower on the old one. I suspect that the bit the cable actuates in the base of the post has been changed a bit on the new one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Why is my 2018 Transfer post faster and lighter than my 2017 one ?’ is closed to new replies.