Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Why do they not tell us what's coming in the 2010 line up?
  • geoffj

Looking at the Spesh Pitch 2010 post below. WTF don't Specialized reveal what is going to be in the 2010 line up? I could understand if there was a mountain load of 2009 bikes to shift, but there isn't. All it does is leave the potential customer guessing and/or make them go for something from a different manufacturer, who has released their line up.

Have you tried contacting Specialized? They would know better than anyone on here.

ojom
    Free Member

Its to generate interest like this…

geoffj

Have you tried contacting Specialized?

Not directly, but I did enquire at the Specialized Concept store in Bristol a couple of weeks ago.

And if the bike shops do know, why isn't it on the Specialized website?

TBH I'm not that interested in what the line up is, I just don't understand, why, if they know what will be in, and 09 stock bikes are pretty much sold out, they don't release the information and create a bit of interest before they arrive.

geoffj

Double post

geoffj

Its to generate interest like this…

Well maybe, but listening to a frustrated keyboard warrior moaning is nowhere near as interest generating as this: http://www.madison.co.uk/news.aspx?id=58485

….or the Ragley viral marketing drip feed that's been administered for the last 100 years.

ojom
    Free Member

Ooh nice ridgebacks. (Canny see smileys on this phone)

I imagine that the concept store in Bristol is several steps removed form Spesh HQ in the US.

I get what you mean but I have no idea how these big bike companies work. Then again, it is only August 09, so maybe they just aren't scheduled to release that info until a little later.

chakaping
    Free Member

They just had a press launch didn't they?

NSMB report

Not sure how keen I am on that gold/yellow colour for the Pitch.

chakaping
    Free Member

I've been investigating Lapierre and Giant 2010 bikes and full specs have been available for both.

So some big bike companies do it.

Maybe Spesh have a particularly torturous sign-off process or their web-monkeys work slower?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Why do they not tell us what's coming in the 2010 line up?’ is closed to new replies.