Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Why do bikes without bottle cage mounts exist?
  • taxi25
    Free Member

Not used a bottle for over 20yrs offroad, dont miss putting a cowpat smeared bit of plastic in my mouth one little bit 🤢. I find a camelbak perfect for a drink and carrying all my bits and pieces, everything is all there in one place. Also adds a bit of crash protection, saved me a sore back on more than one occasion.

ravingdave

I wont consider a bike without a sensible mount for bottle. Ideally a 750ml bottle. Really useful to be able to add some tools, pump, bottle to the bike for a quick spin. Then a camelbak for anything bigger/longer.

trail_rat
    Free Member

My “big bike” doesn’t have one. Annoys the shit out of me.

All my bikes have kits on them so that I always have the right stuff- since they all needed different things and you either end up lugging it all round in your overstuffed pack or not having the version of bits you need.

Often I end up with a soft bottle in my back pocket on the big bike but I’d rather have a bottle in a cage like every other bike I have.

kennyp
    Free Member

I don’t use one on my mountain bike (or cross bike on certain rides). Too much riding through sheep and other poo that gets flung up onto the bottle mouth.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

2 bikes here.

One is ONLY used for commuting, so spares n stuff is in work bag, and commute is 35 mins tops, no drink required.

MTB has a bottle mount that’s never used, bumbag sits packed ready to ride. I only ever take water if it’s over 2 or 3 hours though.

tomhoward

Bottle cage mounts are bottom (well, not even on it, tbh) of my ‘must have features’ list. All my bikes have them. Rarely use them.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Why do bikes without bottle cage mounts exist?’ is closed to new replies.