Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • Why can't some people ride in single file on the road?
  • jd-boy
    Free Member

Read your highway Code, cyclist are allowed to ride 2 abreast, But you cannot ride a horse 2 abreast.

Makes the Buggers slow up to go round you if you are 2 abreast

jd-boy
    Free Member

Next he will be moaning about tractors and trucks, Well Sir, if it was not for either of them, all those nice meals you like to eat would not get grown or transported to the shops, roads were built for horses in the first place, Just step back and think about things a little more.

uplink
    Free Member

I'm back – I know you were all worried sick for me 😉

As a bonus, I got to see a stoat chasing a rabbit on the verge – never seen that before, it was ace

For those that care about these things – I've no idea who won, they disappeared in a ditch 🙂

westkipper
    Free Member

Was it chasing the rabbit in single file?

uplink
    Free Member

Was it chasing the rabbit in single file?

Oh yes – the stoat was definitely right behind the rabbit

JEngledow
    Free Member

jd-boy, when you say 'Next he will be moaning about tractors and trucks….' is the 'he' you refer to me? If so please read my original post, I was NOT moaning about Cyclists holding me up or slowing me down, but I was asking why they rode beside each other, which I (wrongly) thought was more dangerous than riding single file. Although it doesn't appear so I was actually thinking about other people’s safety! 😕

westkipper
    Free Member

Yep, I think it was some other 'differently intelligent' folk who were being a bit daft with their views, not JEngledow.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

It used to annoy me but now I understand why they do it and it makes sense. As a driver you just have to be patient and give them lots of room. Personally I prefer to ride in single file because I feel safer that way.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I'd like to commend the OP for actually using a forum correctly: he's asked a question and then admitted to having learned something. Sadly it's difficult to understand where people are coming from since there are often rhetorical questions and obvious agendas.

Right, what burning torch for a reasoned witchhunt?

westkipper
    Free Member

Good point, richpenny, very good point.
    Sadly its much harder to use the forum in that manner for those of us who do know everything. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘Why can't some people ride in single file on the road?’ is closed to new replies.