Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • whos riding tonight??
  • giantx4
    Free Member

Riding out tonight in potentially minus 8+ deg….trails will be hard & fast!… anyone else out??!

watsontony
    Free Member

yes for sure cant miss the imitation dryness

gonzy
    Free Member

if riding home counts, then yeah 😀

giantx4
    Free Member

Getting foggy here,hope not foggy up in the lincs wolds later or a waste of time?

missnotax
    Free Member

Me 🙂

I MUST remember to find my winter gloves this time too as it’s going to be a chilly one – I keep on forgetting until i’m actually mid-ride and my hands are freezing!

I am looking forward to a non-muddy ride though!

giantx4
    Free Member

….hot yorkshire tea in bladder me thinks….

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Wish I could, but knackered back means i can’t 🙁

Brown
    Free Member

Yup! Same as last night, Monday night and Sunday! Ride planned tomorrow night as well. My legs are getting a bit wobbly…

tomhoward

Riding home, but adding in a couple of extra loops, dont mind cold and dry weather, its the wet weather I hate.

takisawa2

Nah, Beavers tonight.
    Have a couple of miles commute on the cargobike though, carrying two children soon warms you up.

Folk cant believe that even in this cold my lads prefer the bike to the car…!!!

Did this last night… 🙂

IMAG0002 by pten2106, on Flickr

rocketman
    Free Member

Was out last night it was fricken cold on the Chase despite the weather forecast claiming it was a mere -2

Good luck if you’re out tonight

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Yep, I reckon I’d be a fool to miss this opportunity to not get muddy. Shame I didn’t bother washing my bike from last time out 😆

cp

Leg still unrideable from a spot of crash-action on Sunday… Hopefully will ride tomorrow 🙂

EDIT – peak district trails were riding really really well at the weekend nice and firm before the sun melted the top surface. Looking forward to a few hard trails 🙂

takisawa2

rocketman, where on the Chase ?
    Passed a few brave souls over Sherbrook Valley way.

giantx4
    Free Member

Ha tortoise!…. i always wash bike after claggy rides bt didnt last wk as tht a waste of time…..wish had done now too!……the snow should clean it a bit tho?

missnotax
    Free Member

Yup, my bikes still covered in mud too from the weekend….

Never mind, hopefully it’ll freeze quickly and then fall off 🙂

Forge_Master
    Free Member

Gotta get home somehow.

rocketman
    Free Member

rocketman, where on the Chase ? Passed a few brave souls over Sherbrook Valley way.

*waves*
    yup stayed over the North side last night. It was cold coming back down Sherbrook eh?

jonba
    Free Member

I am but I’ll have a horse to keep me warm.

Isn’t “minus 8+ degrees” a bit of an oxymoron?

giantx4
    Free Member

Wots a moron?

jekkyl

I am out tonight, it’s just the road bits that will be a bit testy, to say the least. Good luck all.

simmy
    Free Member

Hoping too. Went out Sunday night and had Snow all over the forks and my helmet by the time we got back my mates.

Gears weren’t working too well either.

At least we could turn the lights off on the trails due to the snow 😀

iainc

looks like a temperate -1 for the GMBC club run, so summer kit 😛

jekkyl

At what temperature does the fluid in hydraulic brakes freeze?

cp

Somewhere around -50C

edit – for DOT 4. DOT 5.1 is lower. Not sure about mineral oil…

rocketman
    Free Member

Was fine for me at -15 in December 2010

asterix
    Free Member

but air pressure in shocks will be way down

D0NK

Somewhere around -50Cyou should be more worried about what temp do calliper seals fail. only happened to me once but I’m still angry about it

oh and back on topic: maybe

postierich
    Free Member

Rode last night so night off tonight back on it tomorrow evening!
    20 miles on lots of cheeky snow bound paths in -8 rocked up at the pub for a beer but lost track of time they had called last orders!!
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/262554630

408513_10151436430556474_1851202000_n by Richard Munro, on Flickr

74352_10151436430416474_651213236_n by Richard Munro, on Flickr

giantx4
    Free Member

What about tubeless milkies?…. will it be frozen solid at -8deg?
    Great pics!…. will post mine tomo!… pub….ye snds good!:)

jekkyl

I dunno wether to play it safe and just have a blast up the entire length of the canal tonight rather than some road downhills where I might come a cropper. It’s ok on the straight but as soon as there’s any turn…wooooshhhhhh. Came off on on ice once at the end of my road doing about 2 mph, can only think at 30 odd down a large hill I like to traverse might be considerably worse.

proutster
    Free Member

Yep, out in the Peak District starting off at The Grouse Inn near Froggatt.

Just sorted out some old ski-glove liners to try inside the bike gloves, might help stave off the finger pain 🙂

psling
    Free Member

Will be setting off in 1/2 an hour for the ride home. Rear gear cable froze coming in this morning, fed some WD40 into it now so hopefully no freezy on the way home. Looking forward to a nice warm shower later 8)

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Longridge Fell tonight. Very few days when it’s anything more than a boggy mess. 🙂

Northwind

Still haven’t recovered the feeling in one of my fingertips from the last ride 😳

cp

I’m tempted to MTFU and ride through the pain…!

scousebri
    Free Member

I’m out either tonight or tomorrow night around Haldon. Weather has been quite good here in south devon, Hope it lasts.

dekadanse
    Free Member

Just done a couple of short local loops as the sun went down. About 5 cm snow on the ground so actually great grip and riding. Some of the lanes are treacherous though – black ice. Temp rose to 0 at about 1.30pm, now plummeting again, approx -6 or -7 now. Went down to about -12 last night.

Cheezpleez

Had to buy a lighter to thaw my lock at the station this morning. Heading out for the first non-muddy ride in living memory tonight (I hope). Yee-haw!

shindiggy
    Free Member

Enjoyed a crisp 8mile commute home via the canal

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘whos riding tonight??’ is closed to new replies.