Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Who's racing in 2010?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Any dicipline.
    Though in particular I'd like to know how any first time or returning roadies are getting on.
    Following the crossers has kept me interested in 'The Racing Post' but the season will soon end.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I am.

Going to finish the Soggy Bottom series this Winter, then intending to enter Margam Enduro, Set-2-Rise, 24/12, Newnham 60 and the National Marathon Champs (50k), then it's the start of the SW cross season (hopefully going to have a proper cross bike by then too).

matthew_h
    Free Member

Hoping to do a couple of DH events. Definitely also going to the ST Weekender, maybe one of the Avalanche Enduros or similar.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Now I'm single I'm using my time well and training to try and win, or more likely podium, a round of the SXC series (only in sport though). Shouldn't be too hard, I've had 4th before.

I'd like to win more races, too- only won one this year and it'd be good to get some more 24 and 12 hr wins in.

WE'll see how it goes- I bet come January I'll have had enough.

oldgit
    Free Member

@sponging-machine.
    Although I mainly intend to race road and a few xc's I do fancy set-2-rise again that was a cracking little course.
    I'm just about to finish my cross season, already looking forward to next season! I really don't understand why cross isn't massive in the UK.

mrmo
    Free Member

the plan is, subject to a number of issues, open mtb gran canaria, cristalp and Kielder 100.

crazy-legs

Definites (at the moment, assuming no illness/injury):
    The Todmorden CX in early Jan.
    Mountain Mayhem solo
    Three Peaks CX.

I was ill during the 2009 Three Peaks and it *really* annoyed me, I was really hoping for a sub 4hr time, in fact expecting somewhere around 3.45 ish and I got 4.09. 🙁

trail_rat
    Free Member

Im going to race my SS more next year – going to do a 10 and a 25 TT obree style – fixed on a monster gear (obviously suited to the course)

come end of april (SSEC) ill get cold feet and end up racing on gears ….although i cut my racing teeth on SS.

also doing more audaxes – me and goan were just talking about how much fun we had on the 3 we did this year 2 x 200 and a 300k

oldgit
    Free Member

Blimey superstar that's proper.
    I'm training my ***s off just not to get dropped, I'd just love to finish in the bunch one more time, though the highest placing in a road race for me was 6th and that was some time back.

samuri
    Free Member

Yes, I quite fancy giving a number of racing disciplines a go this year including some track racing, road racing and maybe the odd mountain bike race.

simondbarnes

Will be doing a few local TTs, maybe another solo 24 mtb and plenty of training for next year's 'cross season (still one race to go this year)

nonk
    Free Member

i always do oldgit i allways follow a very rigid training plan of get my arse into gear about now ish then structure my season around races that i fancy or that my mates are doing and then some that i had forgot about and then when i start to go sh@t i rest for a bit then enter more races in a random fashon.
    i dont win often. 😀

oldgit
    Free Member

No more 24 solos for me, did nine years worth all badly. Haven't got the head for it. twelves are a different story, but in my book must be done non stop.

Smee
    Free Member

I'm going to continue to ride in competitive events and see if I can better previous performances. Will probably do a TT or two, some enduros, some sportives and a shed load of audaxes – then go for a lejog blast is september.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Got to aim for something. I'd prefer to do well in the endurance events.

trail_rat
    Free Member

just need to enter a real catagory luke 😉

you gonna tow me on that lejog goan ?

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

singletrack weekender
    Kielder 100
    Bristol Bike fest
    Cheddar challenge
    The etape!!!! Gulp

so far I think thats it!

Smee
    Free Member

trail_rat – as long as you tow the trailer.

oldgit
    Free Member

The etape sort of stands out there berevementmonkey as in it's not as mountainbikey as the rest.

Big-M
    Free Member

Plan to finish the Thetford Winter Enduro series, D2D on the MTB

Get some more 10 TT's under my belt on the road bike

Ride the Dragon again, hopeing for a faster time this year

Plus a few other 100's and sportives.

Might even get some summer BMX racing in too, if I've got time.

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

yea oldgit… and technically not a race! But I will be competing with myself! Teeth Gritted! 😯

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Set-2-rise was definitely a highlight from this year, although the course may have been dicey if it had been wet.

simondbarnes, are you gonna be at the Plymouth cross this weekend?

gothandy

Want to try the Bristol and Cheddar enduro events this year.

Go for the 5h solo I think.I did the 3h Cheddar this year and realised I could have placed mid field in the 5h rather than last in the pot hunting 3h.

Also gutted I missed the Kona Mashup on Saturday, looked like a fun format. Need something to aim for now I'm fast approaching 40.

adey205
    Free Member

margam enduro(50k), pines 6hr(solo/ss), maybe try a 10 mile tt (see if i can still cut it). maybe some other enduros

mentalalex
    Free Member

Yup racing loads in 2010,

will be racing road and MTB

main focus is the national champs XC.

will do lots of the MTB and road Race series.

will be doing the dyfi, whinlatter, grizdale mountain mayhem etc

whosthedaddy
    Free Member

Puffer
    Alistair Lees Mem. XC TT
    SXC series
    10 utb
    Meridia Selkirk
    Kielder 100
    and trying a couple of sportives.

domino

Did my first and only race in April (Brownbacks). Would like to do more next year, I just don't know what.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

Haven't trained as much as I maybe should have, but still a considerable amount (given broken bones recieved at my last race of the season!) . Will be ready for March time next year.
    MTB Races for me:
    Strathpuffer
    SXC rounds 1-7
    BMBS rounds 1-5 (probably)
    No fuss events 10 m@M, 10 utb, 10@K
    no fuss events relentless.
    Strathpuffer Lite (try and win it again!)
    XC sprint (schools race at fort william) glory hunting.
    I was probably going to do the 24hrs of exposure, but when I saw the minimum age limit, i realise I have to wait 3 years, Grrr.

CX races next year:
    SCX pretty much….

Road races next year:
    Ullapool Sportif
    Bealach na ba.
    maybe some other ones.

Im sure there are more that i've forgotten about, but i recon thats enough to be getting on with. 🙂

MikeWW
    Free Member

First season of cross at the moment and really enjoying it
    Plan to do some road racing next year(first time) and some local time trials. Will also looking at doing the National Mountain Bike Championships(my lad want a serious crack at it so might as well race)
    Plus some enduros-certainly Whinlatter,Dyfi and Grizedale. Think we are also doing Mountain Mayhem and definitely Dusk till Dawn.
    Should be a great season and really enjoying the winter training at the moment

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I'll race as much as my soon to be newborn will allow.

epicyclo

I don't know if what I do can be described as racing, but:

Solo 'Puffer (SS)
    SSEC
    SSUK
    maybe SSWC in NZ
    and probably a few 8-12 hr races in Oz, and maybe a 7 day race.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

after a crap year getting ill or injured ( achilles injury, Lung Disease, and know a broken ankle….) im looking forward to 2010!

I will be racing cycle speedway again, Track league in manchester, the odd evening Cheshire TT, yorkshire summer 'cross, a few local crits, and on the SS MTB,Dyfi enduro, Brownbacks series, Midlands series, the first 2 NPS's,SSEC, SSUK, Keilder100, maybe Bristol Bike fest and id like to have a bash at a 12 or a 24hr……..

need to get this cast off so i can get riding my bike, gonna be a busy year!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I'm thinking about it buthe vets field is small so it might be dull…

Bream
    Free Member

Started training proper now for next year as want to be a bit more higher up the field than mid 😉

1st race for 2010 is on the 3rd Jan – XC Slush Cup in Denmark
    Will follow that series through till March when it ends.

Then Southern Sweden XC Cup starts in May and goes through the year.

Will ride 2 or 3 rounds of the Swedish DH Cup.

Then I plan to race on the road here and there, my main aim is the 6 day Halland tour in mid July 😀

Shud be fun if I keep my training up and baring any injuries 8)

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Really Hoping the 2010 Pearce Series goes ahead as i want to race my first season of DH next year, might race some of the welsh series as well. Might try and do some 4X next year two. Mostly concentrating on DH and getting as many uplifts in as possible basically.

oldgit
    Free Member

Plenty of variation there, though not much mention of Track considering the UK is where it's at right now.
    So I guess my Racing Post threads are going to go a little quiet after Christmas.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Maybe a couple of xc races if i can find a class slow enough. Possibly a couple of bmx regionals if i manage to get any track time in this winter/spring.

simon_g

Blenheim Tri and London Rat Race are what I've signed up for. Would really like to get up to the STW weekender too.

aviemoron
    Free Member

Oh god I'd love to race again, bit two young uns and self employed in this financial climate = little spare time for the selfish hours in the saddle necessary. Family first at the mo'.

mcboo
    Free Member

I'd like to do some road events next year for the first time. Whats the best way of seeing whats on and getting involved?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Who's racing in 2010?’ is closed to new replies.