Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Who’s been marking up the Shrine trail at Cranham with white spray paint & chalk
  • Dimmadan
    Free Member

Just got back in and thought I should post and ask if anyone knows who has done it and why?

There are big white spray painted rings at the top run where the bully sign is and all along the track there are white chalk piles.

When you get to the end and need to go left back up the track a bit there is another larger white ring. Then a few more chalk piles and then nothing as you enter the shrine mound area.

Further down the the Shrine run where the jumps are there are a few more chalk marks by the big holly bush and then right at the end by the mill a massive circle with R in it.

Then as you head off towards the dumping car park there are more chalk piles on the verge.

Is the trail being marked for rider who don’t know the area or for forrestry people to see?

I thought we were try to keep these trails less obvious.

jam-bo

sounds like the hashers.

carlphillips
    Free Member

2nd jambo, sounds like hashers to me

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Who/What?

Surfr
    Free Member

I’d never heard of Hashing, but after a trip to wikipedia I’m facinated 😀

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_House_Harriers

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Wow, sounds and looks like what the trail marks are. I wouldn;t mind joining in as it sounds like a right laugh.

tang
    Free Member

saw the bloke who was doing it tonight, he was walking up from the scout HQ certainly to do with them. blimey it was so busy tonight, lookmanohands and i must have seen 30 riders. some chaps from cirencester, even some from FOD last week. all the good bits were quite though…

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Yeah, there were a few out. But The wall, Bluebell woods, Cranham Corner, One who waits, Shrine and race track were all quiet. What time were you out?

Only saw a solo woman and a group of 3 guys one with a red Trek top on.

ajantom

Ah the HHH – the drinking club with a running problem. I was active in the Bangkok chapter for a couple of years. Never have I been so drunk and jogging at the same time.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The Constitution of the Hash House Harriers is recorded on a club registration card dated 1950:

* To promote physical fitness among our members
    * To get rid of weekend hangovers
    * To acquire a good thirst and to satisfy it in beer
    * To persuade the older members that they are not as old as they feel

I like it

Stoner
    Free Member

Mrs S was an avid HHHer in Moscow in the early 90s.

The winter runs were particularly entertaining I gather, and would be marked with soot on the snow.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Who’s been marking up the Shrine trail at Cranham with white spray paint & chalk’ is closed to new replies.