Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Whoops – dual air Rev service mistake
  • slowboydickie

Just reduced the travel of my dual air revs and mistakenly added 6ml of 15wt oil (was following the SRAM tech vid not manual) to the crown of the fork on the dual air spring side, as well as 7ml to each lower leg. After reading the manual (which I should have read first) I suspect I should not have added anything to the top of the fork. Am I right?

Will it impair performance? If I have to remove it can I just release the air from both ends and remove the + air cap with a 23mm hex socket and pour the oil out?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Rich

jasonm945
    Free Member

Off the top of my head I believe it depends on the year of the fork manufacture.
    Up to a certain year oil was used in the airspring side, it then changed to grease in 2011 or 10 (I think).
    I suspect you won’t die, but anything in the airspring side will make the travel less linear.

Hope that helps.

Jay

slowboydickie

Thanks Jay. They are 2012 revs. Guess I will remove it.

slinkybike
    Free Member

Nah leave it, oil on top of the air piston its good for the breakaway of the air spring with a little slick honey on the o-rings, eventualy it will migrate to the negative chamber but if you strip the forks down often this won’t be a promblem. Rock shox put grease on the o-rings to increase service interval times but it slows the action of the air spring.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Whoops – dual air Rev service mistake’ is closed to new replies.