Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 249 total)
  • Who was banned today?
  • druidh
    Free Member

😆

winterfold
    Free Member

He hasn’t let me down

TandemJeremy – he thinks MTB started when he bummed Lester Noble at a windsurfist race then Lester ran back to Yorkshire to do something ‘less popular’ – it’s not when riders first went offroad – it’s when it started to smell of cash

At this point one normally says ‘No he isn’t a nob…’ but in this case oh look the golfs on

aracer
    Free Member

What’s with the different login?

Well it is entirely plausible the new one is just somebody else on here with a new ID having a successful troll…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Could this be the new Picolax thread?

I think it’s got the potential to possibly turn into a thousand-poster. We need something entertaining like this now and then, it’s good for our souls. 🙂

franksinatra

a long history of riding pre dating all of you

dude you have no idea about me, my riding or commercial history,

and you, you angry little man have no idea about anyone elses riding history, so how can you state that your riding pre dated any body else’s?

You really are not very clever, are you?

pastcaring
    Free Member

the hate on this forum never ceases to amaze me!

franksinatra

no hate here, just frustration that somebody can be so angry and confrontational on a forum or apparently like minded individuals

winterfold
    Free Member

franksinatra

What I find strange is how groups of similar and like-minded mostly nice people can find so many ways to disagree once they have access to Interwebs. If they meet eachother on the trail all is well and good. But on the Interwebs slight disagreements about eg 9or10speed become philosophical and divisional.

Ok I will admit that the evidence suggests a certain nob I have defended has on balance surpassed his own standards of cockdom but there is a certain kind of vibe on here and as a noob I suggest it is not entirely positive. Until Jedi posts then peeps realise they be pi55ing in each others chips in many ways.

user-removed
    Free Member

mountainman123
    Free Member

GRF = To55er. Tracy Mossely rides her XC rigs with SPDs, and shes a champ!!

TooTall
    Free Member

I warned them of my style and it aint to everyone’s taste, it comes of a long history of riding pre dating all of you and them and being a survivor of an era of freedom of speech and expression sadly long gone.

So being old allows you to be rude and offensive? Or does riding bikes for a long time make you that way?

jedi

i tried reading this thread but got bored/confuddled/sleepy but having met graeme , i like him as he does what he says he will do.
    in fact, i’m coaching him in 2 hours time 🙂

wwaswas

in fact, i’m coaching him in 2 hours time

let’s hope he doesn’t end up needing rescuing off the coast of Charmouth again as a result 😉

jedi

lol 🙂

Drac

Just be thankful you use flatties Tony.

jedi

i might put some spds on for s + g’s 🙂

wwaswas

I’d guess from Graemef’s perspective he feels he’s held out an olive branch on here and wants to put it all behind him.

Which I think is fair enough – others have probably posted far worse, done their bans and been accepted back onto stw without much fuss.

He clearly has an abrasive posting style and maybe on forums where he’s known its accepted – as a newbie on here it does make him seem like a bit of a nob though.

It’s easy for me to say that as I wasn’t on the receiving end of the emails, though.

Anyway, probably time for everyone to move on?

yunki
    Free Member

just my thoughts from the fence..

but this looks to me like industrial espionage..

a guy makes a few misguided pub style jokes on a forum.. not very offensive but maybe a bit out of context in the case of STW..

the next move is a tweet defaming an unknown industry bod as a homophobe..

hmm… that’s a bit extreme.. and seems a little fishy.. that seems to me to be the catalyst for things getting blown out of proportion..

what followed was tantamount to sabotaging the guys career.. and for what again..?
    I hope the guy doesn’t lose too much business.. I’d be hopping mad too if someone had decided to pull the financial rug out from under my feet over a bit of a joke about pedals..

neninja
    Free Member

yunki

I think the current issue is not about his gay pedal thread.

It started with his failure to respond to requests to stop posting what could be perceived as homophobic comments. This resulted in a short term ban following which he sent abusive emails to STW towers.
    When Mark tweeted his comments, there followed a further barrage of abusive and harassing emails to STW towers threatening all sorts of action.

The problem is his attitude. He could have respected the request to cease posting daft ‘gay’ comments originally and it would have all quietly gone away. Instead he’s created a self inflicted PR disaster.

Why would STW want to sabotage his business? He’s done a perfectly good job of that himself.

clubber
    Free Member

From the wiki link

In 1996, Fuller was briefly in the public eye again when London gossip columns linked him to the flamboyant Cuban singer Margarita Pracatan

That’s the best bit of this whole thread 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

Some people just don’t like to be told, that’s all it is.

damo2576
    Free Member

That wiki page must be a joke.

Or at least I thought it was but it doesn’t seem to have been updated since Jan?

xiphon
    Free Member

No the Wiki is genuine…

I hope someone edits it with a link to this thread 😀

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Well done for banning the poster, troll or not.

Its really nice to see the anti gay and anti women posts being cleaned up on this site the last few months.

There are plenty of really nice ordinary people on this site who don’t find it necessary to run down harmless people, glad you are discouraging the few from spoiling a good community/forum.

Thanks mods. Good job done.

winterfold
    Free Member

The only remarkable thing about the wikipedia page is that there are one or two small truths in it. He’s definitely not the Contributor in Chief – that’s his boyfriend

pastcaring
    Free Member

I can only guess this thread was reopened to **** with GRF business. Same as posting the ban on twatter.
    What ever he wrote in a private emails is exactly that private.
    This thread is 100 times worse than the original spd/gay thread!

Double standards….?

But I’m sure stw are happy with the response!

Lifer
    Free Member

How?

Bed/lie in it

5thElefant
    Free Member

So being old allows you to be rude and offensive?

Yes. That and extra ear hair are the main benefits of old age.

hilldodger
    Free Member

pastcaring – Member
    I can only guess this thread was reopened to **** with GRF business. Same as posting the ban on twatter.
    What ever he wrote in a private emails is exactly that private.

Double standards….?

But I’m sure stw are happy with the response!

No-one comes out of it looking good do they, loving the way the usual suspects jump on the hate wagon at every opportunity 🙄

pastcaring
    Free Member

Looks like stw made this bed by reopening this thread!

Mark

The thread was closed for roughly a couple of days. It was reopened after we had a discussion as to whether it should have been closed at all.

crankboy
    Free Member

“Looks like stw made this bed by reopening this thread!”

I think Mark and STW come out of this very well they acted to stop some really dull and moronic homophobia they then got threatened and abused and they outed the petty minded fool and they then get a suggestion that they will be subjected to commercial pressure which they ignore.

GRF even in apology mode on the other hand…….

slowrider
    Free Member

im disappointed. the standard of abuse in this thread has definitely tailed off. can someone say something awful please?

xiphon
    Free Member

slowrider – Member
    im disappointed. the standard of abuse in this thread has definitely tailed off. can someone say something awful please?

Piss off you pansy.

( Any good? :mrgreen: Quite topical I thought… )

backhander
    Free Member

Mark etc were right to reopen it.
    Threads like this should be positively encouraged and this one has loads of miles left in it. Not sure why but I love seeing people with senior positions who should know better behave completely inappropriately. Brilliant.
    Loving the wiki page too.

slowrider
    Free Member

oi, not directed at me. IM OUTRAGED!!! I havent used spd’s in 5 years, make a conscious effort never to bend over in male company and never let the angle of my forearm to flat of hand go below 135 degrees. i am MANLY!!!!!!

damo2576
    Free Member

Am I the only one that found it slightly ironic that someone with such a camp photo was making such comments?

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve just realised: Surf Mat has gone through a portal into the future/past and become this GRF bloke.

Not that I’m saying mat is a homophobe of course, that would be defamatory.

oldgit
    Free Member

Are Eggbeaters technically SPD’s…does it even matter? though I must say they played up something rotten on yesterday evenings cruise.

Probably time to go back to cruising in SPD’s I think.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Not that I’m saying mat is a homophobe of course, that would be defamatory

Well, I have no fear in saying that SerfMat is a homophone. I call it like I hear it

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 249 total)

The topic ‘Who was banned today?’ is closed to new replies.