Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Whinlatter
  • slowclimb
    Free Member

I am staying in Ambleside for the weekend and have a limited morning pass to ride at Whinlatter, how long should it take me? I'm not particularly fit – Glentress Black takes me about 2 hours. I realise Grizedale is closer but I've done it before and there is a race on there this weekend. I could do with being back in Ambleside by lunchtime.

scruff
    Free Member

How about a ride around Ambleside? There are 1 or 2 Ok trails about there.

markyboy
    Free Member

two hours to get roung gt black!!not bad for someone who isnt that fit! 😉

warton
    Free Member

I'd pop into one of the bike shops in Ambleside, they'll point you in the direction of some amazing natural trails on ambleside's doorstep!

Never understood the attraction of trail centres in the lakes TBH

slowclimb
    Free Member

Na seriously not that fit, just very determined 🙂 If you ever see a lardy middle aged man with a bright purple face who looks like he is about to explode – thats me, my wife is sure I'll be found dead at the side of a trail one day 🙂
    Ambleside trails are not a bad idea scruff, living in Peebles has made me a lazy trail centre muppet incapable of navigation without coloured posts though!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I could do with being back in Ambleside by lunchtime

ride over Jenkin Crag to Troutbeck and back! The track starts by the garden centre.
    http://www.bogtrotters.org/maptest.php?jumpto=338505,502905,8,50,400,150,300,0

toons
    Free Member

Red and the Blue took 1hr 50mins

I love that final descent on the North Loop 🙂

Whinlatter final descent north loop by james_ferguson, on Flickr

toons
    Free Member

After Troutbeck ride round Loughrigg

tragically1969
    Free Member

Erm, why whinlatter ? you have an hour travelling for a start, look up the skelwith, iron keld, loughrigg route, starts and finishes in Ambleside.

slowclimb
    Free Member

Cool cheers guys, I think I'll pop into Bike Treks on Friday and ask them or get a map from them.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

toons your right, thats one of my best decents on a trail center 🙂

anc
    Free Member

Go round Ambleside its more fun for a start. But also its P*ssed it down up here the last few days so Whinlatter will be a sh*tfest at the mo and the rocky tracks round Ambleside are excellent whatever the weather.

Morris
    Free Member

I'm looking at doing this route when I'm next up there.

Langdale Loop from Ambleside

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Mountain Bike Cumbria! That was an idea I had in 1999, that never came to fruition. The swines!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Whinlatter’ is closed to new replies.