Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Which towbar bike rack?
  • aracer
    Free Member

Seeing as I’m pumping you lot for info about my new car buying / old car selling saga I thought I might as well carry on with something more on topic. The new car comes with a towbar – one with a bolt on ball. I reckon I might as well get a bike rack to go on that, so any recommendations? What are the trade-offs and advantages/disadvantages of the various options?

Thanks in advance!

elzorillo
    Free Member

I have the thule.. been very good.

nickhart
    Free Member

atera strada here. very good with three bikes on, slides away from the car failry easily with bikes still in place. very solid when on. only down side is putting it on to the tow ball is a little awkward when you have a glass back and remembering the combination which the bikes fit on is a pain when the kids chop between bikes.

pendlechris
    Free Member

Atera here as well, spent ages looking into them, they are very well made, and never had any problems, as above slides down so you can access the boot, and also locks to the tow ball and the bikes lock to the arms. Defiantly recommend

boriselbrus
    Free Member

My Thule one is great, but the Atera one does look rather good. Make sure you get one where the bikes sit on rails, rather than hanging from the top tube though otherwise its’s a nightmare getting anything other than traditional hardtails to fit, especially if you are trying to put more than one bike on it.

aracer
    Free Member

atera strada here

How much? 😯

remembering the combination which the bikes fit on is a pain when the kids chop between bikes.

…which reminds me, I did mean to point out I have little kids bikes to put on there and want something which will take those.

Make sure you get one where the bikes sit on rails, rather than hanging from the top tube though otherwise its’s a nightmare getting anything other than traditional hardtails to fit, especially if you are trying to put more than one bike on it.

Hmm – was just about to ask about one to hang from the toptube, given I would also like to be able to carry a tandem, and that’s not going to fit with its wheels on. The only bike I’d like to carry which isn’t a hardtail is my Scott Genius, and that has a traditional front triangle which I have put on a rack.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Which towbar bike rack?’ is closed to new replies.