Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Which replacement bottom bracket do I need?
  • imnotamused
    Free Member

Cranks are Truvativ Stylo, current External BB cups say on them BSA, 22-06, bike is an 07 Epic.

What external BB do I need to buy to replace it (Chain Reaction link welcome as I have vouchers)?

If there’s more than one option let me know too.

Cheers.

Spesh99
    Free Member

You need a GXP bottom bracket. Shimano (Hollowtech II), Raceface (X-Type) external bottom brackets are cross compatible but Truvativ have their own design called GXP. This is what you need http://www.sram.com/en/truvativ/crosscountry/gxp/teambb.php

Make sure you get an English (BSA) thread. With external bottom brackets have to worry about 68/73mm shells but you need to remember and fit the correct number of spacers for your bottom bracket shell.

imnotamused
    Free Member

Thanks very much for that.

Didn’t quite understand the bit about 68/73mm shells, can you elaborate? How do I know which I need?

Cheers.

Spesh99
    Free Member

Sorry, it was meant to say you don’t need to worry about 68 or 73 mm bottom bracket shells when buying external bottom brackets as they come with spacers so so they will fit both sizes (it will tell you in the instructions how many spacers to fit depending on you shell width).

imnotamused
    Free Member

Ahh!

I bought one of these that you suggested, with English thread

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Which replacement bottom bracket do I need?’ is closed to new replies.