Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which pads for Shimano BR-RS505 caliper?
  • ninenailspete
    Free Member

I’m trying to work out what pads to buy for my road bike and it’s baffling. I’ve got L02A finned resin pads in it which have been fine, but can’t find any more and I don’t think they make them any more. Organic has been fine, so what are Shimano’s current finned or non-finned equivalents?

joebristol

I think I had one of those calipers but it died with a micro leak and I replaced it with a Hope RX4. The Shimano caliper had come with a finned sintered set of pads in it and I accidentally bought the resin version when I needed new pads. The resin ones seemed to lack stopping power on long hot descents vs the sintered ones.

bfw

were replaced by L03A, which are like hens teeth, and are replaced by L05A, which are equally like hens teeth.

I bought both types on eBay recently, the L03A’s were used but not used if you know what I mean… I paid the same inflated £34 for each. My Audax and my summer road bike use them and I was getting close to running out. I should be okay for a year now

Superficial
    Free Member

I was recently looking for L03A and they’re basically non-existent or £40+ a set for some weird import.

I saw the name Gorilla Pads so bought them and fitted them yesterday. Used them today and they feel great. Just the right amount of modulation and perhaps more power than the ice-tec pads they replaced. No idea about longevity but so far so good.

joebristol

You could try Uberbike as well – they had pads last time I looked for Shimano road calipers. Finned or non finned. I’m not convinced the fins do a lot.

bikerevivesheffield

Noah and Theo also

simondbarnes

L05a-RF if you want finned, K05s-rx for unfinned.

ninenailspete
    Free Member

Great – thanks everyone. I’ll try the K03s and see whether I cook them by dragging on the descents 🙂

slowboydickie

I went through this last week. for the 815 calliper. Uberbike appears to be sold out but it turns out you can buy the non-finned version which on the Uberbike site are the pads for R8020, SKU UB-27SU. They are not indicated for use with my (and your) calliper but I checked with Uber and they are definitely compatible. £8 each or 4 for £28.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

IIRC one of the old popular mtb pads work in these calipers, which I have on my Cube Attain GTC, but until now I’ve used the “official” road pads and more recently a set from PlanetX without fins that are compatible https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BSJOBDPSM/jobsworth-semi-metallic-disc-pads

Wasn’t it the M515 pads?

A really quick google brings up https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-shimano-deore-m515-m525-tektro-disc-pads for five squids, they look the right shape.

simondbarnes

they look the right shape.

They’re not.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which pads for Shimano BR-RS505 caliper?’ is closed to new replies.