Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • which of these combinations will be the warmest ?
  • iainc

a wee debate going on here :

padded lycra shorts then unpadded roubaix tights on top…..

or

padded roubaix tights and baggy shorts (singletracks)

I reckon the former. It will be dark so style council don’t matter 😆

nick1962
    Free Member

Only one way to find out…FIGHT!

iainc

LOL 🙂

I ‘know’ I’m right anyway…

sambob
    Free Member

First I reckon.

brakes
    Free Member

the latter, you’ll get a pocket of warm insulating air between the two?

rOcKeTdOg

today i wore castelli knee warmers, endura mt500 shorts, trek full length tights over the top then a pair of singletrack baggies over the top of that, toasty warm in the flurries of icy rain

flow
    Free Member

The first I recon. Baggy shorts are far from warm.

iainc

RD – I find that with 3 sets of stuff on the waist band is too tight/bulky. My normal cold setup is the lycra padded shorts and unpadded tights..

rOcKeTdOg

yea i found the same, but i have baggies a size bigger than normal just for the winter. you just have to watch “baggy crotch”syndrome wearing all that

from today

hot coffee, cold day by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

now if anyone has a cure for cold feet i’m interested

flashes
    Free Member

Shimano goretex boots, one size too big, thick socks and marino baa baa’s got too hot last night………..

cakefacesmallblock

I would suggest in dry conditions, that possibly the former will be warmer. However, I ride in the latter combo on cold days, mostly because, should things turn wet and a lot of our local trails are ( yes, I ride with a rear mudguard and front neoprene guard in the fork). The outer layer being looser, will get chance to dry fairly well, once riding on drier tracks, they are less likely to get you wet through as fast, being looser and therefore you will stay warmer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘which of these combinations will be the warmest ?’ is closed to new replies.