Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Which mini pump?
  • Resin42
    Free Member

I currently carry around a Topeak Master Blaster Mini which was good until it was sh*t. Thinking I need to replace it.

What would you recommend for power, value and/or reliability and what would you avoid.

z1ppy

Topeak mountain morph great pump if a little big, mine been a hit with everyone whose used it. Previously had Blackburn pump's which were good too (in the STD format), even rejuivenated mine with a new o-ring (after i'd bought the MM, Doh!), both are much better than my previous master blaster.

FuzzyWuzzy

+1 for a Mountain Morph (that or the Lezyne equivalent mini track pump)

rOcKeTdOg

had one of these for about 6 months, faultless,tiny and shiny, would recommend!

spacemonkey

It's not particularly mini but these last forever and are seriously rapid: Topeak mountain morph with guage.

Drac

Blackburn Mammoth had mine about 12 years or more now and it's still works perfectly well.

Cougar

I've got the Lezyne Alloy Drive. Good reviews everywhere and it looks ace to boot.

trail_rat
    Free Member

mountain morph – again has prooved a hit with everyone thats tried it

warpcow
    Free Member

+1 Blackburn Mountain Mammoth, though I think they've changed them to be tiny now (the old ones were only a bit smaller than a frame pump).

Resin42
    Free Member

Does the Morph tuck into a backpack easily enough? Seems a little big.

trail_rat
    Free Member

morph fits into a camelback slipstream – bit tight
    – and a camelback blowfish no bother

flatfish
    Free Member

+1 for the lezyne HV mini track pump above

takisawa2

Lezyne Alloy Drive. Always ends up getting used when others have failed/faffed with various other makes. Very well made & gets tyres up quickly to boot.

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Another vote for Lezyne Alloy drive. Best mini pump I've used in years.

speaker2animals

Topeak Mountain Morph highly recommended. Lezyne if you only occaisionaly get a flat. I sold my Topeak to a mate to buy a lezyne as I wanted the flash. It is a very good pump, works very well with one reservation – the handle is too small and the rebate edges where the packed hose fits, can be very uncomfortable.

Both pumps are rebuildable. The Lezyne is smaller and looks the dogs, but at the end of the day it's a bike pump that will no doubt sit in your camelbak. I'd give the Topeak 10/10 and the Lezyne 8/10.

Resin42
    Free Member

Anyone tried the mini morph at all?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Which mini pump?’ is closed to new replies.