Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • which lightweight rear rack
  • firestarter
    Free Member

hi im after a lightweight rear rack for my roadie bike. main criteria is that its light and pretty cheap lol it only needs to carry a few kilos really (lunch,lock,waterproofs and a few bits) ive found a tortec ultralite one but are any better around .cheers mick

firestarter
    Free Member

the tubus airy ti is a bit much a £140 lol ;-0

IA

I’ve one of edinburgh bike co-op’s own brand ones, seems decent and has stood up to everday use for over a year now.

tooslow
    Free Member

I don’t know if it’s cheap enough for you but the Tubus Fly is pretty light and worked well for me for commuting.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Tubus_Fly_Rear_Rack/5360025254/

firestarter
    Free Member

id looked at that but wasnt sure how the single arm attached to the rack mounts on the bike . i thought it would look nice as thats an obvious concern on my lovely ti bike 😉

tooslow
    Free Member

It comes with the hardware to bolt on to the bake mounting bolt if you have caliper brakes.

Mine was on an Il Pompino so I just bolted it to the bottle boss in the middle of the wishbone seatstay.

tooslow
    Free Member

i thought it would look nice as thats an obvious concern on my lovely ti bike

So you won’t be interested in the used black one I have in my shed then…

firestarter
    Free Member

lol probably not 😉 it does have caliper brakes but also has proper rackmount holes too. think ill prob go with the tortec tbh as at that price its hard not to. the tubus one is nice tho 😉

meehaja
    Free Member

I got one from asda for £9.00. Its black, made by bell and hasn’t broken yet. its not particuarly light, but its not heavey either?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tortec are not very strong – I have bust 2. Only useful for leightweight stuff.

I now have tubus – they may be expensive but boy can you see why – far more rigid, far bette3r made.

Tubus all the way – get the ti fly one for max pimpyness

firestarter
    Free Member

i thought the ti airy was more pimpy jeremy 😉 im probably only gonna carry bits its only for the roadbike for clubruns and sportive as im sick of carrying stuff down my jersey 😉

ton

tubus fly mick.
    used one on our last 2 tours in scotland.
    good as.
    just polished it off again.
    pyrenees in 4 weeks…….. 8)

firestarter
    Free Member

might have to get one then tony , just wasnt sure on the way it fitted to the back of the bike on the seatstays any pix of it mounted anyone ?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘which lightweight rear rack’ is closed to new replies.