Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which helmet to wear when hit over the head with a bottle
  • mostlyharmless
    Free Member

In my case Bell seems to work.

Riding home tonight and I see a couple of oiks attacking a cyclist. I had no idea what had gone on (but I later found out the cyclist had stopped to fix a puncture when they assaulted him for the hell of it). Oik A leged it for a railway bridge and the cyclist yelled for me to grab him. I promptly didn’t – thinking let him go and the 2 of us could keep oik B for the police to ask for addresses. The remaining oik B had a beer bottle in his hand and was planning to use it on the cyclist as I grabed him and threw him on the ground. Cyclist grabs him and I call the cops as people appear holding phones and doing same as me. Oik A now returns unbeknownst to me in the crowd and confusing as we kept hold of oik B. Then bang or rather BANG, Oik A smacks me over the head with another bottle. Helmets really work as I’m sure the radio 2 experts no doubt are saying.

So my helmet is stuffed (or potentially unsafe) I suppose tho there is hardly a mark on it (also the visor broke in the unpleasantness). However oik A is in custody and I suspect entering withdrawl phase. I’m at home now starting to replay the whole thing and needing catharsis.

Going to bed now it’s late (7 hours ahead). Cops have my details and I’ll be giving my statement tomorrow sometime. Less than a year ago I was first on the scene when a car drove straight into 2 cyclists within 50m of the same spot. Must look for an alternative route.

BigDummy
    Free Member

This seems to cover it. Well done for getting stuck in.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Depends what the bottle contained beforehand.

Over 50p per unit then it surely deserves something classy.

Less than 50p per unit them something in keeping with the contents.

mostlyharmless
    Free Member

Thanks I needed a smile 🙂

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Well, good to hear you’re ok. Had you not been wearing a helmet, I fear you may not be posting this on here.

If any items of clothing, or personal belongings of yours have been damaged, then you are entitled to compensation under the Criminal Compensation scheme. You say your assailant is in custody, and you have witnesses to the attack? Then, he’s fecked. That’s at least something like Attempted GBH (an assault of this kind, involving a weapon could even be seen as Attempted Murder), and I’d imagine the scrote is probbly ‘known’ to the Legal Profession, so there’s a good charge of incarceration at Hey Majesty’s Pleasure, awaiting him. ****.

Good on you for getting stuck in. Seems that this situation required a bit more than a gobfull of Camelback Juice….

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Wonder what Smee would have done………………….

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Leave it…

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Wonder what Smee would have done………………….

Whatever happened there would be a post about it on here in which he was right.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which helmet to wear when hit over the head with a bottle’ is closed to new replies.