Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Which fork for a Soul?
  • vorlich
    Free Member

OK, this is hypothetical ATM.

I’m currently running a 2005/6? Fox Vanilla 130. But I’m wondering what would be a suitable replacement, with a decent performance upgrade. I quite like the idea of air, as I can’t be arsed with changing springs and I’m anticipating some not insignificant weight loss over the next 12 months.

Budget no object*. However, I cannot and will not put white forks on my bike. Looks wrong with the orange frame IMO. 😉

*For the purposes of this discussion. 😉

metalheart
    Free Member

I’ve run a van 125 on mine before now.

Put on 454 air pikes (which I felt were too stiff for the frame), 09 TALAS (the 3stage ones) and currently got pre kashmina F120’s 15qr’s on. I think the F120’s are the best out of them.

I’d be tempted to get adjustable forks and find out what travel you prefer (I’m not 100% sold that its better at 120 than 100 but I’m ‘perservering’). Once you know that, go for the best fork you can afford at that travel.

Just my 2p worth like.

nixie

Had 130mm Pace RC40’s, 140mm pikes and now 120mm rebas on mine. Pikes were great going down but too tall for up (could ride up with them but felt like the front was too light). Rebas feel perfect, not too twitchy but also not slack. The bikes climbs much better like this but still feels great going down. The paces are quite a short fork so were very much like the rebas, but not quite so controlled.

mattjg
    Free Member

Revelations (second hand from here, I think they’re 2007), adjustable travel 100-130mm, I’m currently running at 100 but will be playing about with that. Surrey Hills XC/singletrack. I reckon that’s the perfect range of travel for me, I’ll use the lower end much more than I would 130-140mm.

Zukemonster
    Free Member

I run DT swiss XCM 130s on mine. Super plush travel and an easy push button to use launch control down to 110mm for the climbs / singletrack.

A bit expensive, wouldn’t get them at full price, but last years model always seem to be around for less than half price…

z.

honourablegeorge

Revelation RLs from Merlin, can’t go wrong.

vorlich
    Free Member

Revelation RLs from Merlin, can’t go wrong.

Would Revs be noticeably better than my current fork?

tonyd

Started with Revs and settled on 120mm as the best amount of travel for me, then picked up some XMC 130s from the classifieds here. Lovely fork and would recommend if you can get one at a reasonable price. I think the later models are 120 or 140, 120mm would be my choice probably with a bolt through (I have QR).

rob2
    Free Member

120mm. I’ve got 130mm now and it’s a bit wandery (is that a word).

I’ve sold my 120mm forks so a lesson learnt!

saladdodger
    Free Member

my soul has Maverick SC32’s 125mm but quite short for there travel but it appears to help keep the front wheel planted on climbing

My Simple has a set of 130mm Rev’s and I am going to drop the travel to 115 because of the Mav’s on the soul

Vortexracing

got a revelation dropped to 130mm on mine. Had a Pike before that.

hh45
    Free Member

My Soul has 120 mm Fox and they are white but surely you could find some that weren’t white. They do work well though.

vorlich
    Free Member

Has anyone ridden both Revs and Fox F120 and can comment on both? Is the extra expense worth it?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Which fork for a Soul?’ is closed to new replies.