Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which courier for forks/shocks?
  • stumpy01

Looking to send my rear shock off for a service.

I did a search on here, but it didn’t really bring up anything conclusive (apart from avoid Royal Mail).

I don’t want my shock to get confiscated (and sold at auction or otherwise ‘disposed of’), but looking on all the courier websites there are blanket statements about prohibited items being sent, which normally includes compressed gas, including gas canisters (which is what an air shock essentially is). I am not convinced that deflating the shock will get around this.

Who to use?

I could just get the place doing the service to arrange courier collection, I suppose….

warns74
    Free Member

Sent a pair of forks and a reverb by MyHermes with no issues.

stumpy01

Cheers. My shortlist is currently MyHermes & Yodel….so perhaps on the right track.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I’ve just sent my forks & shock to Mojo & they use a firm called Interlink

elliott-20
    Free Member

If you saw the state in which I’ve had three sets of forks delivered by Yodel (and swiftly returned) recently, I would never recommend them.

elliott-20
    Free Member

In my mind, the courier I’ve had the least problems with is DPD.

br
    Free Member

Loco did my forks recently, they arranged collection/return using APC (£25 for both) – seemed a no-brainer service to me.

granny_ring

I sent some forks to Loco with Myhermes.

LoCo
    Free Member

Hermes seem good and cheap as long as the insurance is sufficient for item being sent.
    As above we offer a collection & redelivery service with APC.

stumpy01

Cheers for the suggestions. I’ll look into APC & MyHermes!

I am being cautious because with me if something can go wrong, it will! Having finally got round to removing shock from bike & thinking about getting it packed up & sent off, the last thing I need is it to be impounded by some over-zealous courier company and ‘got rid of’.

granny_ring

Bear in mind the max comp with Myhermes is £250.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which courier for forks/shocks?’ is closed to new replies.