Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • which BB…?
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

I’m kinda fed up with my BB’s wearing out after a few months (and in certain brands two weeks 8O) so can anyone recommend me a decent lasting BB.
    sure i’ve had some shimano ones in the past last nearly a year but lately they dont seem to be so good, any suggestions are the Hope ceramic ones worth the dollar? crc seem to have them on sale so may bite the bullet..

richcc
    Free Member

“crc seem to have them on sale” – LOL – I see what you did there. To be fair they are a touch cheaper than other places but not many colours and sizes for the advertised £60. I had a minor moan earlier in the week as I hoped to bag one

carlphillips
    Free Member

ha yeah they are really discounted, its always disappointing to see something on there advertised as cheap and when you click on it its all the wrong sizes that are cheap…very frustrating indeed..

nukeproof
    Free Member

As a fan of square taper not much of an authority but surely it wold make sense to get one where you can replace the bearings like one of the Hope offerings? They are more money initially but in the longer run it would seem cheaper

james
    Free Member

You can replace the bearings in the SKF bearinged Aerozine (from superstar) one quite easily

carlphillips
    Free Member

sorry james once bitten twice shy.
    are all the hope ones bearing removable?

foureyes
    Free Member

isnt the benefit of ceramic to do with reduced friction from rounder balls? not longevity?

I’ve got a steel Hope BB in the CRC flood sale which is awaiting the end of a Shimano BBs death throes, looking forward to seeing how it does.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘which BB…?’ is closed to new replies.