Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Where to ride SW United States
  • soulrider
    Free Member

Am lucky enough to be staying in Las Vegas at the moment.
    I have ridden every where locally and taken in some great trails up in Utah as well.
    However I fancy heading toward South California.
    Does any one know of any trails in the Mojave area?

TooTall
    Free Member

Stay out of the sun – Scotland to LV? Dangerous!

have you tried mtbr.com? I’d be using their forums for such knowledge.

http://forums.mtbr.com/

You should be getting the real tourism season for the Mojave area now. I was over at 29 Palms in Aug and it was V nasty with the heat. All of the parks and campsites there were opening up for the winter. Unforgiving terrain (29 Palms has no natural water on it – eek) and tyre-killing vegetation was everywhere.

Eddiethegent

I spend a few months a year working near Ridgecrest in the northern Mojave and while there are hundreds of miles of OHV trails to follow there is nothing very inspiring.

If I were you I would keep driving west for another hour until you get to Kernville in the southern Sierras and you’ll find some of the best trails in the States (do a YouTube search for ‘Cannell Trail’ for proof). Normally at this time of the year snow would restrict you to the lower level trails but it looks like its pleasantly warm over there – 21 degrees and no snow on Mt Whitney so it should all be open. Mountain River Adventures in town run shuttles into the mountains and will be able to give you some pointers.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

San Juan Trail in SoCal is worth a look. The there is also a couple of trails at Laguna Niguel (Aliso & Wood Canyons) which is only about 10 miles from San Juan.

Rivett
    Free Member

Have a run to the coast at Santa Barbara. Lots of good trails there on the coast range. Have a search for Tunnel Trail.
    Second that about the Cannell Trail but probably snowed in at the mo. I take it you have ridden at Red Rock to the west of Vegas? Loads of good stuff starting at Blue Diamond.

messiah
    Free Member

Flagstaff, Sedona and Grand Canyon? Or head to Phoenix.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride SW United States’ is closed to new replies.