Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Where to go drinking in Buxton
  • Maltloaf

The Chester thread looked useful, so I’m organising a stag do in Buxton tomorrow night. We’re going for food at the Taj Mahal. Any recommendations for good pubs and bars afterwards?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Try The Spring

meehaja
    Free Member

My friend lives in buxton. We had some champagne to celebrate their recent engagement. at 5am, after 70 cans of nitrous oxide and 2 litres of rum I fell asleep. Never again will I drink in buxton.

Sorry to be of no help. Avoid Jen and Luke.

Maltloaf

I assume the appetite will be for more than mineral water!

sambob
    Free Member

There’s a club(s?) up on the market place, and pubs everywhere, just work your way round.

IHN

NO!
    SLEEP!
    ‘TIL BUXTON!

🙂

Have you sewn on your extra digit?

marcus
    Free Member

Club on the market place is/was called the ‘gas light’ – Just make sure you wear your overalls and / or wellies – I kid you not.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

There’s a club(s?) up on the market place, and pubs everywhere, just work your way round.

Level 2.

Worked and stayed in Buxton for two years building the new HSL facility on Harpur Hill from 2002 – 2004. Many mad Thursday nights out. Some good memories (and not so good!) From what I remember there was a lot of big as in tall people. Must be the water!

Maltloaf

Thanks for the advice. If anyone sees a gent in full tweed with plus fours on sat night, that’s the stag!

jools182
    Free Member

not sure if the Gaslight still exists but give it a miss

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“Thanks for the advice. If anyone sees a gent in full tweed with plus fours on sat night, that’s the stag!”

That’s nice…. how about spicing it up a little?

May I suggest a pair of roller skates!

redx

Was there this time last year for a Stag night (not mine). From what i remember there were two places that stayed open late, one next to Sainsburys and one on the opposite side of the road. From what I remember (vaguely) is we paid early to go into the one that stayed open the latest as it was much cheaper than going in later, got our hands stamped and then went back over the road to the place next to Sainsburys until it shut and then went back to the first place. Hope that makes sense – i’m confused just reading it.

From what I remember one place had a very seventies/eighties dance floor, they played a whole range of music, there were lots of very drunk people, but none of our lot got into too much mischief and all made the bus back to the digs (farmhouse in the middle of nowhere)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Where to go drinking in Buxton’ is closed to new replies.