Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Where to demo a phone?
  • alanl
    Free Member

I’d like a new phone.
    I made a big mistake in getting a contract that got me a Huawel P30 (iirc).
    I just couldnt get on with it, so went back to my Moto G5.
    The Moto G7 looks pretty good, but I dont want to buy it then find I dont like it.
    I’ve only tried Argos and Carphone Warehouse so far, but neither have demo models to try, and both said they do not take returns if I dont like it.
    Is there anywhere else that may have a demo model that I could have a try on?
    Thanks.

lunge

Apple Store will give you a demo, albeit not on a Moto G7.
    Could you use the distance selling regs on your favour, buy one, try it for a day or 3 and send it back if you don’t like it for a full refund.

zilog6128

Pretty sure any proper phone shop e.g. o2, Vodafone etc accept returns up to 14 days.

jon1973
    Free Member

Could you use the distance selling regs on your favour, buy one, try it for a day or 3 and send it back if you don’t like it for a full refund.

This. Plus Amazon do a higher spec Moto g7 and they never argue about returns.

I have a Moto g7 incidenty and it great. Just beware there are several different models.

metcalt

O2 let me return a phone a couple of years ago when I had coverage issues, but sure they said they had a no quibbles 14 day returns policy.

EE, like Carphone Warehouse don’t allow returns if you buy in store from what I remember (again a couple of years ago so might have changed). If you order online from either you’ll be covered by distance selling regs.

Could be worth trying a bigger network store? I know the O2 shop near me has a lot of real phones on display rather than the CW that only has Apple/Google/Samsung demos

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Where to demo a phone?’ is closed to new replies.