• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Where to buy replacement cones for a Formula hub ?
  • whatgoesup

I noticed the rear wheel bearings on my CAADX bike were fairly notchy, so stripped them down for a clean, regrease and new bearings if needed. It’s not that old and has had a pretty easy life. They’re Formula hubs – no other markings than that.

The cups are fine, but the cones are not great, so to prevent it eating itself as I ride I’d like to replace them. The problem is where from – I can’t find spare parts anywhere. Are they generic parts, i.e. LBS or Halfords will have some?

whatgoesup

Anyone?

orangeboy
    Free Member

Have a look on the wheels manufacturering website. They make loads is different cones and are available in the uk through madison via almost every lbs

fatboyjon

Formula or Formula? Stupid question or not, there are two different companies under the same name. The aftermarket brand are distributed by Silverfish and you may be able to get parts for an aftermarket hub from them. The formula branded OEM hubs seem to come from a far off planet in the galaxy of nospareparts. Best of luck.

whatgoesup

OEM Hubs I’m afraid…

Will look on the website mentioned orangeboy mentioned above.

Dammit. This the “utility” bike I want to just work – not require faff and maintainance.

If/when they die some nice cartridge bearing wheels or hub will be replacing them!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy replacement cones for a Formula hub ?’ is closed to new replies.