Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Where can I stop off for a family ride en route to Norfolk (From Wigan)
  • geordiemick00
    Free Member

Driving over to North Norfolk tomorrow with my two kids, to break the journey I fancy stopping for a ride around a big park/reservoir/[insert other here]

They’ll be on BMX’s so nothing too hilly please. Normally go M62 to Ferrybridge, A1 down to Newark then A17/A47 to Kings Lynn then up to Fakenham….

ANywhere sort of S yorks/Lincolsnshire would be an ideal half way point.

thanks in advance

Mick

Klunk
    Free Member

if you go down to Stamford before cutting across theres Rutland Water or Fineshade Abbey

allthegear
    Free Member

Yes, Rutland Water is good for a family ride.

Rachel

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Thanks folks, I’d been thinking about Rutland and think we’ll pop in there…

uplink
    Free Member

Sherwood Pines looks OK

stumpy01

Considering the length of detour to go to Rutland water, I’d consider carrying on your normal journey & then going south at Kings Lynn on the A10, then A134 to Thetford Forest. Cheapest place to park will be Brandon Country Park, where it’s easy enough to cross the road & pick up some waymarked trails.
    Alternatively head in to High Lodge which has a bigger cafe, bike hire etc. but you will be stung for parking (I think it’s £1.40 an hour).

Only thing with Thetford is that you are almost at your destination, so it’s not really gonna break the journey up too much.

+1 Sherwood Pines – not far from Newark

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Where can I stop off for a family ride en route to Norfolk (From Wigan)’ is closed to new replies.