Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Where can i demo a Tracer?
  • gizzardman
    Free Member

Does anyone know where i can demo an Intense Tracer or even where sells them? I live in the midlands.

Cheers

rj
    Free Member

Craig McMartin bikes in Glasgow have a medium on demo. That probably doesn't help you much, though.

gizzardman
    Free Member

rj – A bit of a trek that mate, thanks all the same 😛

gizzardman
    Free Member

rj – did you demo it?

fozzybear
    Free Member

gizzardman i asked extra.. basic answer was pay us £40 and we ship one to your LBS..
    sadly means a lost sale for me.. heart set on nomad now.

gizzardman
    Free Member

Cheers Fozzy, i assume extra are the distributor?

fozzybear
    Free Member

yer

Matt-P
    Free Member

Chainreaction or Northwest Mountainbike Centre in Stockport both sell them, NWMBC offered me a demo on one last year at one of their demo days, not sure whether they still have it though.

Watch out for the shock if you are weighing in 80kg+ Lot of problems with the RP23 from last year bottoming over anything bigger than a kerb so you may have to factor in a replacement cost.

fozzybear
    Free Member

further to matt's comments
    the demo was something organised by extra (was one at afan recently i just missed)
    the shock has been upgraded to the new rp23 with boost valve so the issues of old are now gone. no need for replacement.

if you want to run a chain tensioner thats another "issue"

Matt-P
    Free Member

Fozzy – is that first hand experience about the shock or Intense's marketing claims?
    Wondering where to go next on the shock front and had just about settled on a coil but was reluctant to commit due to the weight. Might be looking for the next demo day myself to see if the boost valve's really fixed things.

fozzybear
    Free Member

not on the tracer but on a single pivot, you could just sag the shock and not worry, previously i've had to pump up to the point where it doesn't bottom out rather than the sag point..
    i've tftuned my old rp23 to stop it blowing though the travel on my heckler the new boost valve one resist blowing though the end stroke much better.

glynP
    Free Member

i have a tracer and if you set it on the 140mm setting the shock is much stiffer and not so plush, I now have on the 150mm setting and the travel feels bottomless its superb. its a cracking bike and I got mine from wheelbase who I think have a demo as well.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Where can i demo a Tracer?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM