Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • When will they learn…
  • votchy
    Free Member

Another school shooting in the US  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43474309

scuttler

If it’s true that the shooter was ‘taken down’ by a school security officer (article says he was shot, so not a judo move) then the outcome regretably reinforces the notion that giving more people guns in schools is the solution.

sbob
    Free Member

Thoughts and prayers…

fasthaggis

Never,fear and paranoia wins

What I think is very strange though, is the ‘relative’ lack of reporting on the serial bombing around Austin.

I thought this would have been a main story for longer,both here and the states

votchy
    Free Member

I thought the same fasthaggis, tripwire bombs and a definite pattern seems too coincidental to be random bombings

spekkie
    Free Member

Austin was on Spanish TV.

fasthaggis

Spekkie

It’s just that I would have expected bombs going off in America to get blanket coverage on the BBC and in the states, the way they do with mass shootings. I suppose the bridge collapsing took a lot of the news, and here the ongoing nerve agent story, but still.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I give it about another hundred years or so before the states gets sensible about guns n ammo.

Slavery took centuries longer to get rid of than it could have done.

fooman

The only way to stop a bad guy with a bomb is a good guy with a bomb. I’m pretty sure that’s the assertion of the NBA.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

The only way to stop a bad guy with a bomb is a good guy with a bomb. I’m pretty sure that’s the assertion of the NBA.

Wow! Those basketball guys get pretty intense.

donks
    Free Member

South by southwest music festival is on in Austin at the moment which I guess is a pretty big deal for income so perhaps they’re keeping a lid on to prevent this hurting the festival?

Also makes this a huge target but…..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If it’s true that the shooter was ‘taken down’ by a school security officer (article says he was shot, so not a judo move) then the outcome regretably reinforces the notion that giving more people guns in schools is the solution.

From the BBC

<p class=”story-body__introduction”>A gunman who shot and injured two teenage students at a high school in the US state of Maryland was shot dead by an officer, police say.</p>
    Austin Wyatt Rollins, 17, shot a 16-year-old girl, who is in a critical condition, and a 14-year-old boy.

There is a solution that involves the 17 year old not having access to a gun. It’s the sensible one.

CountZero

Slavery took centuries longer to get rid of than it could have done.

It’s obviously slipped your notice but slavery never went away, and some of the perpetrators are the same ones who were selling people, sometimes their own people, into slavery centuries ago.

Sandwich

Thoughts and prayers…

The “air-guitar” of helping. (Not mine grabbed from Twitter).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘When will they learn…’ is closed to new replies.