Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • When to sevice a fork
  • SlowJohn
    Free Member

I have an 07 vanilla r fork which ive had for just over a year now. I was just wondering when should i get it serviced it stills feels as good as the day i got it. Should i wait till it starts playing up or get it serviced soonish cheers

SlowJohn
    Free Member

Oh and also if i do get it service3d is that pushed thing that tf tuned do worth getting done?

rich-6
    Free Member

I have a float RL, I dont believe it had been serviced in the year i’d owned it before i did a service.

I changed the oil, changed the seals and dust wipers. The oil was pretty dirty TBH and the wipers were dirty. I never noticed any difference after the service though, they were marginally smoother but it wasnt huge.

I guess keeping the oil clean will make them last longer though, the stanctions wont wear out as fast??

Depends how much its been ridden, I only did mine because they blew a seal and they only get ridden properly maybe once twice a month 🙁

TheRealTandemJeremy
    Free Member

servicing them is only changing the oil and with foxes I would if i were you. Redoing bushes or whatever is repair

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘When to sevice a fork’ is closed to new replies.