Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • when is a sale not a sale…..
  • mojo5pro
    Free Member

Have no probs with CRC re service etc, but I am getting a bit peed off with their so called sale enticements.
    They advertise products at sale prices and when you actually look at there product, they usually have just one size (usually xxl or xs and bright pink) at the sale price and all the rest at the normal rrp.
    Moan over.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Nothign new with that, how many times have you been into a shop to get clothes in a sale and they don't exaclty have alot in normal sizes.

Digimap
    Free Member

Not having the trousers in a large isn't quite the same as selling stuff at size specific prices. It was one of the reasons I baled on CRC as you'd see the headline price for a component in the listings or in google, click through only to find the real price for the one you actually need is way more. So I stopped clicking through and use Merlin or Parker instead.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Yeah, agreed but CRC have the full range in stock but just discount one obscure size but advertise the "product" at the sale price not just the specific size. Clearly an enticement trick, I know, but CRC semm to be doing it more and more.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Digimap – what's your experience with Parker? I heard a few bad reviews about them so I haven't ordered from them. Mainly about stock levels not being accurate and so large delays in receiving products.

scaredypants

I've never had a problem with parker – maybe take a day or 2 longer but they're fine
    (do seem to send stuff in totally random, non-bikey packaging though – no idea where they get their boxes from)

takisawa2

Same here.
    They're not the place they used to be.
    Got too big now.
    Would sooner give my business to local shop, Merlin etc.

Digimap
    Free Member

I used to use Parker loads for road stuff (we're talking about parker international right?) and it was always quick and easy. In the last few months the delivery times have slowed right down from next day to 3,4 or even five days so I'm veering towards the others for urgent stuff.

stevieeeh
    Free Member

Only problem I have with CRC is no one ever pics up the bloody phone!

Somebody must want the obscure sized stuff otherwise they wouldn't stock it.

To be honest I can't ever see myself buying anywhere else on-line, especially since I found out they price-match!

Saying that though, I can't fault rutland cycles at all. Fabulous customer service!!!

Elmo
    Free Member

Parker use whatever boxes they have to hand.
    Can't say the stuff isn't well packed though!

They are using Royal Mail now-more than Parcelforce.
    I think they use some of the slower services to keep the prices competitive. Which a lot of the prices are. Whilst they are big, they don't have the size or buying power of some of their counterparts.

Could always specify a quicker delivery!
    And at least their sales are actual sales!
    Noticed the MTB range is steadily growing too.

Shandy
    Free Member

I suppose its up to them what they do, but it really puts me off using them.

They opened up their ski section the other day and there are absolutely no decent launch offers.

jackal
    Free Member

They're actually not that cheap for some stuff now aswell.
    I use merlin and ukbikestore for mailorder stuff nowadays, last few bits ordered were cheaper than crc….

philjunior
    Free Member

I'm not so sure it's a tactic so much as not selling obscure sizes so offering them cheap (why would they offer the ones that sell at a cheaper price?)

Suits me fine for stuff where it's cheaper in an unfashionable colour, although I pretty much ignore the "SALE" tag/adverts cos it's like the DFS sale innit.

DaveGr
    Free Member

At least they have it in stock. Some non bike retailers would advertise something and have one of it in stock. That soon sold and when suckered you in they hoped you would buy something more expensive.

Lately I've bought off Merlin – they answer the phone and actually have a conversation with you. Of course, if they weren't so cheap i'd buy off the lbs ….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘when is a sale not a sale…..’ is closed to new replies.