Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Wheel axle conversion roval
  • v666ern
    Free Member

Hey guys,

I’m a bit confused, I’m looking at getting some sh roval traversee wheels which are 135×10. My frame is 142×12 does anyone know where I can get a conversion kit or am I just being stupid?

Cheers

v666ern
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure they are dt Swiss hubs 240? So would this do it?

http://www.dtswiss.com/Accessories/Conversion-kits
    HWGXXX0002193C

Tracey

We have two sets of Roval Traverse ELs. Abigales came with a multitude of adapters to fit all the different front and rear sizes. Mine came with my S Works Enduro which was a 20mm front and a 135 QR rear. Due to an unfortunate lapse of concentration in the Alps I needed a new frame to replace my crashed one. The replacement had a 142+ rear end. I found it best to talk to Specialized UK direct who were first class and gave me the right part numbers to get the new adapters. They even fetched the front ones from the US for me as there were no 15mm in stock to fit my wheels. Then just ordered them from the local Specialized dealer

v666ern
    Free Member

Thanks Tracey that’s reassuring, have they been good, it’ll be my first aftermarket set so hopeful they’ll make a difference

Tracey

They have been first class. I have had mine for three years. Only needed a couple of spokes. One that got snapped taking the bike of a trailer and one one a rock interface. They have had nine weeks of Alps terrain and still run smooth and true.
    Abigales were new a year ago and she did five weeks in the Alps with no problems.

Northwind

Be careful- it used to be simple, but then Specialized started using the Roval brand names for OEM wheels and some of those are totally different to the aftermarket ones, with different hubs etc. If you can fire a pic up here we’ll probably be able to confirm just to be 100%, chances are it’s fine.

Good wheels, I’ve 2 sets of the original Roval Traversees I’ve battered one to death and they’re all getting pretty ruined but I’ve used them way beyond their paygrade so that’s fair enough. They’re light enough that I’ve used them for XC racing too (not ideal, but close enough for me). Finding spokes can be a pain and getting front wheel adaptors for some models is impossible but then, mine are old.

All in all very happy- I’ve replaced a set now with a carbon set for extra stiffness and durability but even with carbon that’s worked out heavier!

v666ern
    Free Member

Thank you Tracey

Northwind you’ve got mail – im pretty light on kit so hoping they’ll be fine

thanks both

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Wheel axle conversion roval’ is closed to new replies.