Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • What's your resting HR
  • eyerideit
    Free Member

The best ever and your current?

Mines 54 at the moment but the lowest it’s ever been was 37.

Chainline
    Free Member

Just before Mayhem last year 43.

wwaswas

there was a bloke on the radio some years ago;

was out running, collapsed and woke up in a&e.

Doctor: “We need to fit a pacemaker as your heart rate was unusually low when you were brought in and hasn’t recovered as well as we’d like.”

Bloke (feeling smug): “Oh, it’s ok I’m an athlete I have a very low resting heart rate.”

Doctor: “Does it normally go down to 2?”

trickydisco
    Free Member
    aracer
    Free Member

Best, 38
    Right now 56, but I’m a bit sicky – normally ~48.

Went into hospital once when very ill – they measured my pulse at 70 “oh, that’s perfectly normal” 🙄

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think around 42ish min and 45 when I measured it a couple of months back.
    Not too sure that it’s a great absolute measure of anything though.

thepurist

Just under 50 at the mo. Lowest ever was 0, but then (apparently) a big rugby player type started shoving my chest quite hard and it picked up again after a while. 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

im at 64 right now as sat at my desk

best was 38 when i was at my fittest.

normally mid 50s

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

High 60s. even when I have been very fit I have not had a slow pulse.

Low BP tho. Its my excuse for falling over a lot

MaryHinge
    Free Member

56 last time I checked. I’m due a refresh of my numbers, but have manflu at the mo so need to give it another week.

allthepies
    Free Member

52 currently, no idea about best.

stevehine

~45 at the moment sat at my desk in t’office. Haven’t measured it when I’m resting for ages; at a guess it would be a bit lower.

I am in training for a 40km fell run next month; which probably helps somewhat ! 🙂

Clong
    Free Member

33 at the moment.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

48 right now – isn’t whats considered safer to be under 72?

I don’t think I’ve ever topped 55.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Last time I had mine checked it was about 125bpm (by proper ECG) and I was lying down too!

My oxygen saturation was about 94% as well.

Amazing what a little Pneumonia can do for you.

Bimbler
    Free Member

47 bpm at my desk on “Instant Heart Rate” on my HTC Desire, are the figures in any way meaningful?

Checking my records it seams the mode is 48 and median about 50.

Clong
    Free Member

I dont think resting heart rate is particulary meaning full, friend id ride with has a heart in the 60s, but can maitain a working rate of around 180bpm. I can mange about 150bpm. On the trails though, we are very evenly matched in terms of pace and endurance. Im a fair bit taller and broader than him though.

warton
    Free Member

was 48 when I was in hospital in November, guy opposite me was an alcoholic, and very heavy smokers. his was in the 90s 😐

Janesy
    Free Member

Meaningful – NO! a low heart rate doesnt mean that much. Its all about the recovery rate.

At the moment mine is around 47-50 but wen I was a huge fat bloater it was 60ish.

ahwiles
    Free Member

about 120, but i drink too much coffee.

eyerideit
    Free Member

May not mean much but if you’re trying to get fitter, it is a good indicator isn’t it?

aracer
    Free Member

May not mean much but if you’re trying to get fitter, it is a good indicator isn’t it?

It’s a good indicator how your own changes. I have commented before that it can’t be that good even for that, as mine hasn’t gone up much despite doing a fraction of the training I used to, but I’ve now realised that’s because I’ve lost surprisingly little fitness,.

Janesy
    Free Member

Its all about the recovery rate

Stoner
    Free Member

right now about 75bpm but Im 3pints full of coffee and just put away a ton of sushi. I eat too fast and need to catch my breath 😉

sprocker
    Free Member

resting heart rate is not a measure of fitness from one person to another 70 is fine when fit if that is what you are. Mine is 45, never been fit though 🙂

schrickvr6
    Free Member

45-55, goes up to 70-80 the day after a few beers which is pretty dodgy.

brakes
    Free Member

I’m reasonably fit and mines 72 at the moment – I’m sat at my desk. It’s always been 60-70 regardless of how fit I’ve been, and my recovery is good at the moment.
    I’ve just had my lunch and have a cold, not sure if that makes a difference?
    My belt’s a bit tight too 😀

DrP

I never rest……

DrP

😉

brakes
    Free Member

Miguel Indurain had resting heart rate of 28

eyerideit
    Free Member

[/quote]sprocker – Member
    resting heart rate is not a measure of fitness from one person to another 70 is fine when fit if that is what you are. Mine is 45, never been fit though

OK it’s not a measure of ‘fitness’ but it’s a measure of efficient heart and cardiovascular function.

brakes – Member
    Miguel Indurain had resting heart rate of 28

Wasn’t he at risk of his heart stopping when he was asleep?

bullandbladder
    Free Member

My resting pulse is 52, but managed to get up to over 200 just on a flat road yesterday evening. Cheap HRM or impending death? I can’t decide.

aracer
    Free Member

Wasn’t he at risk of his heart stopping when he was asleep?

Yeah just like all the other druggies

muddydwarf
    Free Member

When i had my suspected heart attack last year, i apparently managed to ‘fool’ the ECG machine thingy in the Ambulance into delivering a positive verdict of a heart attack.
    Off i went to the Intensive Cardio unit of Manchester Royal Infirmary, kicked out of there for having nothing wrong with my heart and wound up having a full work-up at Bury General.
    As you can imagine i was just a little stressed out by all of this, so when the Doc said “all we can find to be worried about is your low heart rate – right now it’s 44bpm, do you do any exercise?” i just giggled with relief!

Betamax
    Free Member

That’s numberwang!

Mantastic
    Free Member

Usually mid to late 50’s. I have seen it at 9 though, I wasn’t very well at the time

weeksy

42 give or take.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

~60

Always has been

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Mine never gets much below 55-60 and its not something I bother to measure frequently as its almost irrelevant to training.

As an XC racer, I don’t really think resting HR is an indicator of fitness; more of age and metabolism.

brakes
    Free Member

That’s numberwang!

genuine lol

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I’m heartless.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘What's your resting HR’ is closed to new replies.