Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • What's your least favourite bike maintenance task?
  • br
    Free Member

Anything on a friends’ bike – because it will be crappy, unmaintained and they won’t spend any money.

dryroasted
    Free Member

Rebuilding my SRAM x9 trigger shifter , that. Was frustrating

WillC9999
    Free Member

Fettling front dérailleurs.
    Fitting mudguards. Almost prefer to get muddy.
    Setting up disc pads on forks that aren’t faced properly.
    Servicing a Fox air fork and forgetting to remove the air – and watching the fork fly up and stick in my garage ceiling.

bencooper
    Free Member

oh and marathon plusses on 20″ rims

If you think that’s hard, try the 16″ ones 🙂

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Finding the right sized washer for a hayes 9 master cylinder so you don’t have to buy a new kit..

Washing the bike in the winter, not an issue in the summer.

IA

Finding the right sized washer for a hayes 9 master cylinder so you don’t have to buy a new kit..

This implies the circlip task I suggested above, which is far far worse than finding the washer!

supertacky
    Free Member

Rebuilding a SRAM X9 shifter.

haha that one took me three days of trying.

Worth it in the end though.

Always chuckle when i see them for sale as spares or repair after ham fisted tinkering…

oliverd1981
    Free Member

This implies the circlip task I suggested above, which is far far worse than finding the washer!

I meant finding an appropriate replacement washer, I guess I just have the right circlip pliers…

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘What's your least favourite bike maintenance task?’ is closed to new replies.