Viewing 21 posts - 121 through 141 (of 141 total)
  • Whats your favourite album ever?
  • Bunnyhop

I can’t believe Fleetwood Mac – Rumours, isn’t on anybody’s list.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Leftfield – Leftism

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Some great calls on here, but it’s Pet Sounds for me please

stilltortoise
    Free Member

but Faure’s Requiem gets a close second…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Black Sabbath – Heaven and Hell
    Ozzy Osbourne – Bark at the Moon

How very peculiar. I know we all have our own tastes, but Sabbath AFTER Ozzy left, then Ozzy after Randy Rhodes left (to go and die).

Surely Blizzard of Oz or Diary of a Milkman are vastly VASTLY V A S T L Y superiour to the tat that was Barf at the Moon?????????

2tyred

Liking Mr Agreeable’s and wee al’s.

But you’re only allowed one!

Sounds like no other record, before or since. The production is just out there. I dream of owning a 180gm double-vinyl instrumental version but apparently Terminator X has the only copies of those in existence.

Introduced the 13 year old 2tyred to just about everything.

manitou
    Free Member

The Allman Brothers Band -at Fillmore East

SST
    Free Member

m-f – I never could get into Sabbath with Ozzy, but like nearly all their stuff since. Even the album with Ian Gillan that no one else seems to like!

And Ozzy post Sabbath has always amazing.

I chose BATM for nostalgic reasons, bit Randy really was the master.

Coyote
    Free Member

alexathome
    Free Member

job done; for me!

alexathome
    Free Member

don’t know why the pic’s not coming up – it’s protection by massive attack – there you got three ablums that cover most eventualities.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

m-f – I never could get into Sabbath with Ozzy, but like nearly all their stuff since. Even the album with Ian Gillan that no one else seems to like!

And Ozzy post Sabbath has always amazing.

I chose BATM for nostalgic reasons, bit Randy really was the master.

Fair enough – each to their own – I guess that is why music is so wonderful, everyone finds their own thing in it. I must admit I can see nostalgia around BATM too – I grew up to it (and clearly recall the video 🙂 ), but tracks like Mother Earth, Mr Crowley, Over the Mountin and Flying High are superb.

iseeadarkness
    Free Member

err, I See A Darkness by Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy.

wee-al
    Free Member

On the Axelrod/Funkadelic debate. Yes i concede Funkadelic’s Afros are “tight” and indeed “fly” however i’m going with Axelrod.

2tyred, those bomb squad productions are amazing. It’s a shame the only acts to carry a torch for the likes of De La Soul and P.E, in the kicking knowledge style of hip hop, are eh…. De La and P.E! Those guys are still making incredible hip hop.

Surfr
    Free Member

I’ve been having a massive 90s music revival listening to all the stuff I had on tape but never replaced with CDs. Got a 90s playlist going on Spotify and have added Terrorvision, The Cure, Neds Atomic Dustbin and a few others to the ever growing collection.

Can I throw the following into the mix?

These days I’m just as likely to be found listening to Squarepusher, Future Sound of London or Boards of Canada or my Negro prison songs album. Variety is the spice of life.

Coasting
    Free Member

Ya may b a bunch of whingin poms but ya sure know ya music

MrAgreeable

Wee-al, what about

And there are plenty more where those came from…

tops5
    Free Member

Blue flowers!!

wee-al
    Free Member

Mr agreeable, your talking my language. But today my favourite album is

I care because you do- Aphex twin.

Listened to that in my bed last night, first time in a while. God thats perfect.

Keando

Who’s Next – The Who

soma_rich
    Free Member

BLUR 13…

SilverChair Frogstomp…

Reef Glow

Viewing 21 posts - 121 through 141 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘Whats your favourite album ever?’ is closed to new replies.